Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Transcend 320GB external hard drive not detected

Portable Devices

Old 25-11-2010

sad Transcend 320GB external hard drive not detected

My external hard disk (Transcend 320GB) fall from a height of 1 mtr. Now it is not detected by the computer. When it is connected to computer, it is giving a sound just like running the hard dirve, but the light in the drive is not not flashing as well as the disk is not detected.

Old 25-11-2010

Re: Transcend 320GB external hard drive not detected

well in this case look like the HDD physically damaged! contact support professional and tell them the truth...
Old 25-11-2010

They are asking for the replacement since it is in warranty period. But nobody assures on the data that I don't have backup. Can I take out the data before doing anything?
Old 25-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandpillai View Post
They are asking for the replacement since it is in warranty period. But nobody assures on the data that I don't have backup. Can I take out the data before doing anything?
well i think if the HDD is physically damaged then its a bit difficult to get data out of it.. no org supports data recovery.. say bye bye to data dont temper with HDD otherwise you will loose replacement and the warrenty as well... unfortunatly sating this..

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,