Thread: Keyboard of lenovo T410 not working

Keyboard of lenovo T410 not working

I am having an issue with my lenovo T410 keyboard. The problem is that it does not respond to some of the keys when i press during typing, its been only six months since i brought this laptop and this problem seems to have arrived so tell me should i perform any test on the drivers that will give me the desired results. Please help me out with your solutions.

Re: Keyboard of lenovo T410 not working

I would suggest you to first clean your keyboard and be careful while doing it because these keyboards are very delicate and also ensure that before removing the keys of your laptop for cleaning take an image of your laptop's keyboard so that you don't face any problem while arranging the keys again in the same order. The dust accumulated underneath can also be a reason for not working of the keys. One more solution is to remove the keyboard drive from the device manager and replace it with the another one. So check out with any of these procedure's and let me know if its working properly.

If you ask me i would recommend you to check the working of the keys in the different programs some function keys may not work properly in some programs so open a notepad or work document and then test all the keys by typing in it if it doesn't works then try rebooting the system to make sure that its not a glitch, if it doesn't works after rebooting, then try testing your keyboard in the window's safe mode where you can detect and solve the problems easily because there are no window's settings in the safe mode so just try with this solution and it may help you out.

If none of the above solutions work for you then the last option left before you is to replace the keyboards while the procedure may sound complicated to you because it is a laptop, however you can send the laptops to the lenovo help center where they will probably replace your keyboard otherwise if you want to replace it by yourself then there are several videos available in the internet on how to replace the keyboards you can view it and do it by yourself.