Thread: Nokia N8 receiving error server timeout while updating OVI map

Nokia N8 receiving error server timeout while updating OVI map

I have just got a new Nokia N8 device and when I am trying to update my device with the map application to get the amp available on my Nokia N8 device I am continuously facing the error server timeout and then try again. I have OVI suite on my Nokia N8 but it is not working. I have gone with this problem on both Windows XP as well as Windows 7. I have also done the reset on my Nokia N8 mobile phone. I have tried it many times on my system but then also I am facing the similar problem. Do anyone have gone with this problem with their Nokia N8 mobile phone if any reply related to this will be appreciated. Thanking you in Advance.

Re: Nokia N8 receiving error server timeout while updating OVI map

In Nokia N8 mobile phone maps setup, I have pointed the maps to utilize a freshly formatted secure digital memory cards for preloaded maps as an alternative of the in-build memory. Certainly it will become unfilled, but not to have fears. Stopped and restart the maps and pointed the storage back to make use of the in-build memory. Then I have opened the OVI Suite and its map loader and connected it with the Nokia N8 mobile phone through the USB (Universal Serial Bus) without any problem. OVI Suite had refuse to provide the maps which is earlier installed on my Nokia N8 mobile phone and accomplished after that I was capable to download the map of any country and voice guidance with no problems. I there is No server timeouts on my Nokia N8 mobile phone device.

You can go for straightforwardly to update the maps on to your mobile by using the technology of WIRELESS FIDELITY (Wi-Fi). Download the OVI map application or you can update the OVI map application through OVI store or doing the process of registering at Nokia and you will get an Short Message Service (SMS) link, using that you can easily able to update the OVI map application. Now go to start Menu >> OVI maps >> locate the places and look for for the location necessary. Save the position (say Dubai) >> Favorites- Places - Dubai >> show on OVI map. Go online remain A-GPS switch ON, so that it go to the online, also in setting >> connect >>online, Default access point >> search for LAN now keep stirring the mouse cursor and you will come across the map at that the position and it will started getting updated. Try this to solve your problem.

I have gone with the same problem with my Nokia N8 mobile phone I was also receiving the same error message as server timeout while updating the OVI map through my system. Atlast I have changed the version of the OVI map on my Nokia N8 mobile phone and then try to access the OVI maps I am able to use it properly. I think this might be the problem of the version which you have on your Nokia N8 mobile phone. So try to install the new version of the OVI on to your Nokia N8 mobile phone, I believe that it will work on your Nokia N8.

It might happen due to many reasons on my system for that are unable to use the OVI maps on to your Nokia N8 mobile phone. The very first thing is that you have to check whether the Internet connection is available on your N8 mobile, because I have done the same mistake while using the OVI maps on my Nokia N8 mobile phone. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

I think that if you have tried for doing all the maximum possibilities then you can try for doing the update of your Nokia N8 mobile phone or otherwise you must try to go for installing some of the Nokia software updater on to your device. I suppose that it will help you to work on to your Nokia N8 mobile phone device.

I have OVI suite version 2.2.1.23. I have also taken a fresh Nokia N8 mobile phone from the mobile shop and it was working very well, I have tried on both windows system. I have also tried to do the re-set of my Nokia N8 mobile phone for more than 10 times and after that I am to use the maps application on Nokia phone without facing any kind of issue. I suggest you to do this process hope so you will able to use the same application on to your Nokia N8 mobile phone.