Thread: Dell U2711 always goes in the Power Save Mode

Dell U2711 always goes in the Power Save Mode

I have a problem with my dell u2711 it started when i replaced my DVI cable with the display-port cable, it has happened a lot of times that my monitor does not start after the sleep mode. I am sure that it must not be with the change of the wire because it does not show any boot commands. It will only blacken the screen and a message will appear showing that its entering the power save mode. I have tried several times to switch off my monitor and start it again but it fails to start again so where does my problem lie suggest me something.

Re: Dell U2711 always goes in the Power Save Mode

You can check the video card there must be some problem with your video card probably the monitor must not be receiving the commands from the video card and probably that's the reason why it is getting switched to the safe mode because it has nothing to display. So just remove your video card and try it on the different laptop and check if the window's is starting properly. If it starts then probably your laptop's monitor is the one to be blamed if it doesn't work in the other laptop then your video card is corrupted and its time to change your video card.

I would like you to check with the connection of the Display port cable just remove the cable and put it back again because sometime there could be a loose connection which will make the monitor to display nothing. Try turning the power saving mode off, of your laptop. Sometimes there can be an issue with the power management. Just try with this methods and let know how it works.

I would suggest you to do a driver update because many of times the problem is traced to graphic cards, sound card and video card. If you have no idea of how to update you can browse the net for more information. Also a BIOS update could help you with the solution, the update's can be found when you type the laptop vendors web address on the net. If everything fails then the last step you can do is to contact the laptops manufacturer they will give the necessary solutions that will help you out.