Thread: Lenovo X100E laptop produces unwatchable video

Lenovo X100E laptop produces unwatchable video

Before two days i have purchased a Lenovo X100E laptop and today i am facing some problem related with it. The problem which i am facing on my laptop is that, it is not able to play the 1080p video, 720p video smoothly. The video on my laptop is so bad that one cannot watch it. I am running windows 7 OS and i have upgraded my RAM from 1 GB to 3 GB at the time of purchase. I as I have recently purchased the laptop so I do not have much idea related with the problem. If anyone has any solution regarding this problem please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Lenovo X100E laptop produces unwatchable video

I have a nice fix for this problem. I will advise you to install the latest drivers from ati i.e. 10.x, do not make the use of the proposed 9.7 from Lenovo. You have to also install the flash plugin from “labs.adobe.com”, in order to watch HW accelerated video. Before doing this installation you will require using the mobility Modder in order to unlock the ati drivers. You have to do this because unless you do this it will not allow installing it. Also try to uninstall all the plugging from your laptop. I have tried this solution before on my laptop. So you also try this out.

Even I am facing the same problem with my laptop. The problem I am facing is that, my laptop is not able to play the HD footage videos smoothly on the YouTube. But when I try to use PowerDVD and enable hardware acceleration, then I am able to watch the video properly without any problem and even the CPU usage is very low. As I am not the technical person, hence I do not have much idea with it. If you have any suggestion for fixing this problem, please help.

As you are facing the problem, while watching the videos on the YouTube. So I feel that you problem might be related with the adobe flash player. Try to update the flash player, if updating does not solve the problem, and then try to reinstall the flash player. I think once you do this on your laptop you will be able to watch the video smoothly even on the YouTube. So try it out.

As I was facing the same problem, so I have tried to implement the solution given by Jacek. As he has mentioned that I need to install the latest drivers from ati, so I have installed it and even I have installed the flash plugin from the site which was recommended. After going through all the steps finally I was able to fix my problem. Now when I try to watch videos on my laptop, then it works very smoothly. I was able to solve my problem, only because of you solution. So for this help I will like to thank you.