Thread: GPS problem with Lenovo Thinkpad T500

GPS problem with Lenovo Thinkpad T500

I have a T500 with MTNL mobile broadband service. I need help in using the GPS capability on this laptop? I think I need some special software for this to be running? What happens is that whenever I try to connect with GPS it all of a sudden gets disconnected. I don't know what is causing the problem. Please help!

Re: GPS problem with Lenovo Thinkpad T500

I am also using the same series of laptop and this is how I got the internet using my mobile phone. First of all I installed the sim card in the slot provided. I then found the APN from the service provider. Later on I installed the necessary software on the computer to make it supportive. I also made a new connection profile with the APN. Thus I was able to use the GPS with my mobile without any worry.

There is no strong reason behind the cause of the problem. Actually the GPS and the 3G service is integrated inside the same card and thus if there is any hardware issue then that would clearly indicate either the problem with antennas connection or the card itself. Dismantle the laptop and see if the card is properly inserted or not. If it is proper then make sure the wires are well inserted and there isn't any loose connections.

Thanks for your concerned but I have already checked the connections and everything else and nothing seems to be causing the problem. If you are saying that I should recheck it then I would like to inform you that everything is perfectly ok. This shouldn't be the cause of the problem. I am assuming it to the problem related to the Lenovo software. Do you also think it can create the problem and is there any solution to fix this?

It completely depends on lot of other factors that come into picture. It may be due to hardware or software compatibility. By the way which operating system are you running? Make sure you have the supportive software to allow GPS to work. If nothing fixes the problem then you can even contact Lenovo support team to look into the matter. They will surely help you in this matter and try to fix it or atleast provide some solution to you.