Thread: Toshiba T61 Shuts down randomly

Toshiba T61 Shuts down randomly

I have been using the Toshiba T61 laptop which is running with windows XP. It is shutting down automatically. What could be the trouble? Power failure? Yet only on battery and offline sector sometimes the pc after 10 minutes off anyway. Memory problem and extinguish the remaining faulty pc, possible or not?? I am not able to test with other memory cards, or to test one or strips, why should I buy that one. Phenomenon what else could create this problem?? I confess I can not identify the cause of this problem. Do you have any ideas? I do not know anything about laptops and I doubt my ability to open it, it's too fragile I think. Thank you in advance

Re: Toshiba T61 Shuts down randomly

This situation clearly indicates that your laptop have collected dust particles. All i would suggest here is to remove the panel which is covering the heat sink (two screws) and clean the heatsink with compressed air, to fly out to see tons of dust. The laptop has taken to work perfectly well. Your laptop is shutting down due to excessive heats. Obviously You have to clean it off, you can clean it with the force of the lungs, if you do not have a vacuum cleaner.

In the BIOS (Del key to switch) controls in the Power Management if the limits are set to maximum temperature of the processor, certainly when it reaches that temperature to avoid damage, turn off the system, and to turn it on, being set to "Power Off on AC Back), i.e. when I turn back the 'power, you have to repeat this procedure. If you use graphics or programs then it will burn more frequently. This is a phenomenon that occurs especially in summer. Do not increase the maximum temperature for that processor, ask the technician if you can add a little 'more RAM to avoid' excessive stress. It 's just a problem of overheating.

So my laptop has had many problems recently. Ok, I explain It's slow. Slow startup, slow on the work program - in short, slow in general. I have an inkling that it might be a heating problem (usually my PC stays on my bed. Not a good idea?), A dust problem (the bed again), or problems with viruses ( although my friend says that Norton is not the case). In addition, sometimes, ie to one or twice every two days, I have the blue screen that says the computer stops to protect my files. Any ideas why this happens?

I think you need to install the Ccleaner and spybot to clean it all, if the problem persists still then simply try to defragment your hard disk, turn off Bit Defender norton, antivirus or any other antivirus that may be installed on to your system. Hpld the windows key + R type "msconfig" in the startup menu remove everything that you don't use. hopefully the problem will be fixed.