Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 issues with Audio

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 issues with Audio

I have the Lenovo ThinkPad with me and the thing is that I am having issues with this laptop just after I installed the Windows 7 64 bit on it. I do not know what can be the probable reason for this. Well the laptop was running fine when I was running the Windows XP SP 2 on that laptop. I have seen this for the first time and will be really happy if you all can come up with some suggestion in this matter. I am willing to get the suggestion in this matter as soon as possible.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 issues with Audio

I have the same model of the laptop and I would say that you must have done something horribly wrong and must have come up with this issue. I will suggest you to have the reinstallation of the Windows 7 on the laptop and see if you can have the sound back on the Laptop. On my system the Windows 7 is really running fine and to say that it is running much faster than the previous version of the Windows i.e. Vista. Do the reinstallation of the operating system and see if that can help you in getting out of the situation that you are stuck with at this moment.

Looking at the case of yours I do not think that going with the installation of the operating system on the laptop will be good idea. You have the issue with the Audio of the Laptop and I will suggest you to see if you can have the drivers installed on the system again and see if the reinstallation of the drivers for the sound can bring the sound back on the Laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad T400 ). Hope to see that the reinstallation of the drivers really helped.

Did you first try the Windows 7 32 bit on the system of yours. I think that it must have been the first thing that you must have installed on your system and then must have moved for the Windows 7 64v bit. Well the scenario with the Windows 7 64 bit is such that it cannot have the compatible drivers in the market. I mean to say that the drivers that are there in the environment out are compatible and will only work with the Windows 7 32 bit an dui have seen that the software and the drivers have really struggled with the Windows 7 64 bit. Wait for the drivers to come. If you want you can go to the official site and see if the drivers have arrived there. If they are there please let me get notified as well.

I do not think that you will be able to have the drivers there all I can suggest you to do is uninstall the Sound Drivers that you have installed on your system. After that you will be required to REBOOT the system. After the Computer will start you will be able to see the notification in the task bar saying that the new hardware has been found. Then an install wizard will come up and then you will be required to select download the drivers from the Internet. The search wizard will end up in searching the Right Drivers for you and you will be able to have the sound back on the system. To see the effect you will be again required to REBOOT the system and after that you will be able to hear the sound there.

Well search wizard is a good idea but it is really time consuming. In addition to that it might end up with No Drivers Found if the time goes for too long. I would rather suggest you to go to the official site instead. The link for the official site is http://www-307.ibm.com. Here is the official link. Now after that you will be required to feed in the details as per the Laptop and its specification. You will have to click for the Laptop models and then you will have the things here. For you I have the DRIVERS here. Click on the Link here and you will have page from where you can download the drivers. : Download Chose the model properly or you will end up with wrong drivers.