Thread: Hard Reset on Nokia E5

Hard Reset on Nokia E5

Last night my Nokia E5 was working fine. I set the alarm on that and went to sleep. Next morning that is today, when I saw the phone then I found that it was switched off. I tried to switch that on but it was not getting on. I thought that the battery is empty and that is why it is not getting on. I tried to charge that but it was not able to charge the battery also. It is completely dead. I tried to remove the battery and reinserted that but that was also not helpful.

I think that I have to do a hard reset on this. But I don’t know the way to do that. Can you tell me that what may be the problem with this and how can I solve that? I will appreciate each helpful suggestion. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by G.Burgess; 25-11-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Re: Hard Reset on Nokia E5

Why are you directly thinking to do the hard reset? You should make this as the last option if nothing helps you. Before moving to that you can do one thing. Remove your battery memory card and SIM card from your mobile. Keep that removed for few minutes and then again insert that back but this time don’t insert the memory card. Now try to switch on that. I am saying this because it is possible that there may be some bug in the memory that is creating problem. If this time it get started normally then you should connect the memory card to your computer with the help of card reader and format that completely. Once you are done with that then you can insert the memory card back to the phone.

I am agreeing with the above post that you should not go directly for the hard reset. If you have tried all the other things and nothing helps you then you can do this. If you want to perform hard reset on your phone then you have to press the key * + 3 + Green Button together and hold that. Press the power button and this will start formatting the phone. This option will restore your phone to the original operating system. This will delete all the data from your phone memory so you have to take the backup from it if you can.

There may be problem with your battery. You can try to use the battery with some other phone and see whether that helps you or not? If you found that it is not working there also then you can try some other battery with your mobile and it turns on the mobile then this will confirm that this is problem with the battery and you can buy a new battery. Check your charger as well for issue. This will solve the problem.

i m not getting the keypad screen to type.
    i need to do a hard reset but actually not able to do
    i need to switch on my handset and then press *+3+green key
    or i need to switch off my handset and then do the procedure.
    plz help

If you are not able to enter the the code (*#7370#) as your dial pad is not working than you can simply format it by pressing and holding * + 3 + Green Button in the On mode. I meant, your phone should be ON. Try this out.

hey, i'v the same problem. *+3+g.key combination is not work for this fone. plase help me.

Quote Originally Posted by nokmanav View Post
    hey, i'v the same problem. *+3+g.key combination is not work for this fone. plase help me.
    Did you tried the above steps mentioned by Shikhar:
    Quote Originally Posted by shikhar View Post
    If you are not able to enter the the code (*#7370#) as your dial pad is not working than you can simply format it by pressing and holding * + 3 + Green Button in the On mode. I meant, your phone should be ON. Try this out.
    If yes, what was the result ? Are you still unable to format the mobile ?

i went to nokia care and every thing is fine now. but i still want to know the key for hard reset e5-00. becouse *+3+g key combination is not working for this phone, i test this again in working condition of my phone. the conventional power key is removed by nokia in this phone. the red key work for the same. thank you for the reply frnds.

Basically, Soft reset and hard reset codes are same for all nokia mobiles.IN order to do a Soft Reset, you need to enter *#7380# and press Yes to confirm initialization. And for doing Hard reset, enter *#7370# and press Yes to confirm initialization. Once you enter any of these codes, it will prompt you for the security code. Default code is 12345, if you have not changed it yet.

Hello everyone,

I was updating my nokia e5 softwear through ovi, after which could not access my phone because of the changed security code. Nothing helps. I tried 3+*+green botton hard reset but it doesnt work on my phone. I also tired to find a repair location on nokia web site, but it couldnt detect my IMEI, probably beause the phone was purchased outside of the USA.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advancce!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malibon View Post
    Hello everyone,

I was updating my nokia e5 softwear through ovi, after which could not access my phone because of the changed security code. Nothing helps. I tried 3+*+green botton hard reset but it doesnt work on my phone. I also tired to find a repair location on nokia web site, but it couldnt detect my IMEI, probably beause the phone was purchased outside of the USA.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advancce!!!!
    Do you remember the security code or not because if you forget the security code then the device needs to be taken for repair to have the security code reset. For information of the nearest center, visit your local Nokia Support website. You need to start the phone first by unlocking it by giving the correct security code to update its software through OVI.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

smile Re: Hard Reset on Nokia E5

Quote Originally Posted by bon-Z View Post
    Do you remember the security code or not because if you forget the security code then the device needs to be taken for repair to have the security code reset. For information of the nearest center, visit your local Nokia Support website. You need to start the phone first by unlocking it by giving the correct security code to update its software through OVI.
    I do remember the combination... I used sumbols insted of letters. However, AFTER updating the sofware all the symbols on my keypad have changed, and when I use the same letters to type in my security code it is invalid...

I visited nokia support web site but it couldnt redirect me to the nearest nokia care page because my IMEI wasnt in their database. My phone wasnt purchased in the States... Im going to call nokia tomorrow and see what they can suggest.

Thanks for your reply =)))))