Thread: Unable to transfer wallpapers and images from Nokia N8 to laptop

Unable to transfer wallpapers and images from Nokia N8 to laptop

Hello friends I have recently purchased a new Nokia N8 and using it from hardly last one or two weeks. It is giving me better performance up till now but I am not able to transfer the images or the wallpapers from my mobile phone to the laptop or vice versa. In short the laptop of mine is not detecting the phone itself. Whenever I connect my mobile to the laptop with the help of USB cable but my laptop is not able to detect it and i am getting this error message on my mobile screen "memory card is used by another application". I am unable to understand the error and also not able to fix it. Please help me to resolve this issue and also let me know is there is any other way which will help me to transfer the data between them.

Re: Unable to transfer wallpapers and images from Nokia N8 to laptop

I think the Pc suite is not been installed on the laptop of yours. First of all make sure that you have installed the Nokia PC suite. You will get it from the CD that you must have got with the mobile phone of yours. What you have to do in this case is just that install the PC suite of the appropriate mobile phone on the system and then try and connect the mobile to the laptop. I am sure that it will connect and the laptop will detect the phone.

If this is the issue then try and use the memory card reader, You have to insert the memory card in the card in the and then connect the USB card reader with the Laptop. This time the laptop will easily detect the card and then you can easily transfer the data that you want. And then again insert the card in the mobile and have an access ion the images that you moved.

Does your laptop have to blue-tooth functionality if yes then turn it on and the send the files trough blue-tooth from mobile to laptop and vice versa. If the laptop doesn't have this functionality then you can do it with the external blue-tooth device you can connect this device with the laptop and then can send the files that you want. The only drawback of this technique is that it is very slow. You can say that it is 10 times slow then the actual mass storage transmission. You can opt this way of transferring the data when you have no choice with you.

I have gone through you problem and it seems to me that i can help you solve this problem, the only thing you have to do before connecting the phone to the Laptop is restore factory. After doing this the mobile will definitely connect with the laptop and the laptop will also detect the same. Actually it will restore all the settings of your phone and will give you the fresh platform to work on. And you have to do it only once no need of doing it every time you connect the mobile. Here are the steps that will help you to restore the factory settings:
    • First of all go into the Nokia N8’s Main Menu
    • Then you have to select the settings
    • Then go to the phone setting option
    • After that just scroll down to Phone settings menu
    • There you will find the Factory Settings options just select it
    • After that you will see two different options:
      1. Restore and delete data
      2. Restore.
    • In that you have to select the first option
    • This will delete all the data and will give the newer settings to deal with.