Thread: Unable to turn off the 3G and WLAN connections in Nokia N8

Unable to turn off the 3G and WLAN connections in Nokia N8

I am having the 3G connection on the mobile phone that I am using. I am using the Nokia N8 from the past few weeks; it is providing me finest services to have a better access on web through the 3G connection. Is it possible for me to off the connections of 3G and WLAN when they are not in use? I have tried the same thing but unable to do the same. Actually I can see the 3G wifi connection always remains active on my mobile phone screen. But the thing here is that i can’t turns it off immediately after the use. So please help me to turn of the connection so that I can save my battery power which is being drained when the WLAN is active.

Re: Unable to turn off the 3G and WLAN connections in Nokia N8

It is the simple task you can do the same by just changing the availability of WLAN. What you have to do in this case is that change the availability of the WLAN and set it to never, where it will stop searching for networks on its own and will perform the action only when you will need it. It will help you to save the battery of the phone and also will protect the phone from accessing the network from any untrusted source or server.

Here are the steps that will help you to change the settings of WLAN and make it disable:
    1. First of all you have to go to the connectivity and then in the settings of your phone.
    2. There you will find the destinations option just select it.
    3. Set the default WAP/GPRS web settings to internet.
    4. After that go to internet settings where you will find the WAP/GPRS settings
    5. There you have to change the priority by selecting the Change Priority option.
    6. Keep the new settings at the top.
    7. Save the settings and move out.
    8. Now you have to select the WLAN
    9. And set the WLAN option to manual
    10. After that set the Data use in home network to “Always Ask” and also the 'Data use when roaming' to” Always Ask”.

I am sure that the above steps will definitely help you to turnoff the WLAN and now it will not see on the screen.

First of all thank you all of you for answering my questions and also for spending the vital time finding the solution. I have turned off the WLAN with the help of the steps mentioned by you people. The icon has been disappeared from the screen. Can anyone suggest me a best browser for my mobile phone? Actually I am using the default one which is already being installed on my N8 but I think it is not responding well to my task also the speed I guess it quite slow and I believe that changing the browser will help me to get faster access.

Well in this I can suggest you to go with the opera mini browser. It is one of the finest mobile web browser. If you will go with the same then it will give the best surfing experience. I am sure that if you will install the software on the mobile of your then you will get best speed and also the plug-in that it provides are also help full. If you are looking for smoother surf on the web then it is the best option. I hope that downloading this file will help you to solve the issue.