Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T510 SSD Upgrade

Lenovo ThinkPad T510 SSD Upgrade

I want to have the Solid State Drive on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T510 and I want have some advice for that for sure. I have planned to have that for and so I would like to know if there is anything that you all can suggest me in advance with this. Before going with this idea I want to know if I will not have any difficulty in upgrading the SSD. Will it get upgraded that easily? In addition to that I would also like to know if I install the SSD on the laptop then will I be able to have my original HDD on the very same laptop. Need a clear suggestion and nothing scrap in this matter? Hope that the suggestion will flood after this post of mine. I do not want to end up with having anything like scrap in the end.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T510 SSD Upgrade

Well in this case I am not sure about half of the thing. Well to tell you I have seen that many of them have successfully installed the SSD on their laptop and had no issue after that. But in addition to this which you have asked I have never seen or heard like the things that you want to have on the laptop of yours. I think that it will be possible to have the second half of the part of the query that you have posted but with not that ease. I think that if you will install the SSD then you are bound to lose the Lenovo EE, and I do not see any point by which you will be able to have this thing for you again.

I think that you will be required to make use of the ThinkVantage in this case that has been proposed here. You can use the ThinkVantage rescue and recovery so that you can have a backup of your HDD and only after that happens successfully you will be able to make use of the new SSD HDD on your laptop. Please make the backup of the data and then proceed with the things that you all are looking for. Well I have also been able to answer the half part of the query and I will definitely hunt for the other part and will post the same if there will be any solution in the case that has been described above.

What you have planned for is definitely not going to work in the proper manner and hence I think that you should give up giving try to this thing. I have seen some of the cases where this has not been able to succeed with this and hence will be happy that you quit the idea that you have presented here. You will be able to have the SSD installed in the laptop but after that you will not be able to access it in any manner and on the other hand you will not be able to have the Original Lenovo EE in your case. See for some wise instructions before proceeding.

I am pretty sure for the half part that has been suggested above but I am also not sure about the other half that has been mentioned in your case. Well if there is any issue with the original HDD then it is correct to go with the replacement but if you do not have any issue with the HDD then it is advisable to stick with the original one and if there is any issue with this then have the new SSD and just leave the original HDD and stick to the SSD that you have installed in the laptop.

Happy to have the suggestions here on this forum and I really thanks for the suggestions that have been made here. The thing is like that I love to do some sort of experiments with the things that I have here with me. All I wanted to know was whether I can have this upgrade here for me. I have found that you have mentioned above that something like back up is needed to have on this here. Can you all here please tell me a way by which I can have the back up here so that I can precede with the procedure of installing the SSD on the Lenovo T510? Hope to get the reply soon here in this case.