Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 Battery Problem

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 Battery Problem

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 is the laptop that I am having on the laptop and it was working well, but today I have noticed some serious issue with the laptop and I really need to have some words on this. I really need some sound advice with the battery issue of the Laptop. I have seen that it was working well at night. In the morning when I plugged in the AC cord there I was able to see that the battery is fully charged but the case was that I had used up all the battery in the night and when I tried charging it in the morning it was flashing that the battery is fully charged. All was well at that time but when I disconnected the cord again I was able to see that the laptop was again asking for the charge. What is really wrong with the battery? Now I have seen that the Laptop is not taking the charge anymore and will be happy if anyone can come up with some solution in this matter. Hope to see some working solution in the matter. I do not want to send the laptop to the service center anymore and will be happy if I get some handy solution for me.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 Battery Problem

It is not a big issue and at the same time not a unique issue with which you have come up here. It is normal and I think that you should see for the battery and the charger that you are using it for charging. Please see that you make use of the original battery and the charge while you are charging the battery of the laptop as the duplicate chargers and the battery are bound to give the issue like this. See if you have the proper battery and the charger with you. I will let you know about something if I will come across some solution in this mater. Please give one more try to the Charger and see if that can give it a go for a while. Notify me regarding the charger and the battery in the next post of yours.

I would give you some steps regarding the battery and see if that can help you in the matter.
    • Turn of the Laptop. (In your case it is already off)
    • Then uninstall the battery from its slot.
    • Press the Power button on the Laptop.
    • After that if all the things go in a better manner then reinstall the batter in the laptop again.
    • Now connect the power cord and try to charge the Laptop again.

This time it should take the charge up and I am sure that it will. Please tell me if the handy trick that I gave really worked in your case.

I would suggest you to use the ThinkVantage Power Manager that is embedded in your laptop. It is highly recommended that you try to see this nicely and after that let me know if the ThinkVantage Power Manager came up with any solution in your case. Looking at the case of yours I think that the battery is dead and there are some 50-50 chances that there will be any help in the matter. The ThinkVantage is actually a set of system support utilities and it was developed by IBM but also supports the Lenovo as well. Please see if the ThinkVantage can make a way for the issue that we all are discussing here. Lenovo has developed a suite of tools (ThinkVantage) to significantly reduce the IT resource impact and I am sure that this will really work and will come up with some sound results. Proceed with this and let me know what it resulted in.

I think that the battery of the my laptop is not dead at all but I have seen that it always comes up with the Battery Low message every time I disconnect the AC cord there. I have seen that at first the battery of mine was lasting for 4 to 5 hours but after the days passed I noticed that the backup was going down and down. Can you all please let me know how I can increase the life of battery of my Lenovo ThinkPad T400? Any help in the matter will be really appreciated. Could it be like the issue with I am caught with can lead me to the situation with which the author of the post is caught. I do not want to have the battery issue with me, please instruct me some thing so that I can be far away from the issues as such.

Well there is a chance that you might get caught with the same issue that is being discussed here. But as you have said you want to increase the life of the battery then you can have a look at the matter in the manner as I am suggesting. First of all utilize all the power that is in the Battery i.e. use up the battery fully. Then switch off the laptop and remove the battery from the slot. Then after waiting for some time install the battery in the slot and charge the laptop again. Again do the same thing that is suggested and repeat it for three to four times and after that you will be able to see major difference in the back-up of the battery. if it was giving 4 to 5 hours of back up then you will be able to get nearly 2 to 3 hours of back up after the procedure followed. From my side I would also suggest the same thing to the author of the thread and see if that can really help in any matter.