Thread: Audio problem with Nokia c7

Audio problem with Nokia c7

Friends, Last month my dad gifted me the Nokia C7. I was very happy because I was already thinking to buy the one for me. Yesterday, for the first time I tried to play FM. I plugged the headphone in and searched for the station. After setting the stations when I try to tune the stations then I was only able to hear the soft background music and not the song. I thought that this is due to weak signal but I came to know that this is a bug with the phone when I tried to play the music which was stored in the memory card. It was also giving the same soft background sound. I restarted my phone many time but that makes no difference. Can you tell me that what I should do to make this audible? Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Audio problem with Nokia c7

There may not be the proper connection of your headphone jack to your phone and that is that is why you are not able to hear the audio properly. You should insert the jack properly to the slot till you get the click sound. You should also see whether it is showing the normal headphone icon on the top of your mobile screen. If it does not have the proper connection then the bits are not received correctly and it will miss the audio quality.

It may be the problem with the headphone that you are using. You can try to connect any other working headphone to your phone to see whether that gives the better sound quality or not. If that is working fine then it will confirm that the issue is with the headphone. You have to buy a new headphone. Thank you.

The firmware that is installed in your mobile may be outdated and that is creating the problem for you. To fix this issue, you have to install the latest firmware for your phone. Go to Nokia site and check the latest firmware available for your phone model. If you want to check the firmware version that is installed in your computer then you can type *#0000# from the keypad and this will show you the version of the firmware currently on your phone.

Have you changed the settings for the equalizer on your phone? You can change the sound quality by changing the different slider available on the equalizer. You can also set it to any inbuilt one like jazz, pop, etc. If you are not able to understand the things then you can directly restore it to its factory settings. If during the restore it prompts you for the password then you have to provide 12345, which is the common default password for all the nokia mobile models. I wish that this will solve the issue for you.

As you told that it is just one month old so I am sure that you must have the warranty card for it and it is still under warranty. If that is the case then why are you trying anything from your side? Just take this back to the dealer from where your dad bought that and if you found that they are not helpful then you can send it back directly to the nokia and they will fix the issue.