Thread: Nokia E71 won't shut up

Nokia E71 won't shut up

Last month, I bought a new Nokia E71 mobile for me. I liked this phone because of its business looks. It is working fine but the only problem with it which I am facing is wit ringtone. Whenever I get a mail or any test message then it just keeps on sounding the ringtone. Even if I press any key then also it does not stops ringing. This is the first phone which I have seen that is doing this. Is there anything wrong with the mobile? Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Nokia E71 won't shut up

Have you customize the settings for the ringtone? You can try to change the ringtone and see whether it happens for all the tones. You should also search for some setting in ringtone settings that have the option for continuous ringing. Change that to the beep once and see whether it gives the same result.

I think that there may be the problem with the keypad on your phone. That is not generating the signal and that is why your phone is not able to stop the ringtone. Check that all the buttons on your phone is working properly or not? If it is not working then you can give that for servicing and they will clean the phone internally or change the keypad. This can solve this annoying problem.

If you are not able to get the settings to do that then you can simply perform the reset on your phone. If you want to do that then you just have to go to the settings and min the last, you will find the option for restoring the phone. Click on that and if it prompts you for the password then you have to type 12345. This is the default password for the all Nokia phone. Click on OK and this will do rest of the things on itself. You can also do this by just typing the code *#7370#. This will start the same thing from asking the password. Make sure that you have taken the backup for all the contacts because it will delete all the contacts and other stuffs from your phone memory and reset all the settings to its default state.

It can be the problem with the firmware that is installed in your phone and you need to install that again. If you want to do this then first you have to download the Nokia Software Updater from Nokia’s site and plug in your phone. If you do this then this will keep the phone's firmware is up to date. Every time when new update will be available then it will ask you whether you want to install that. Before doing update, you should make sure that you are in general profile and battery is fully charged.

You can also do the hard reset on your phone o fix this issue but remember that you have already tried the soft reset. This will reinstall the operating system on your phone and may solve the issue. If you want to do this then you just have to follow the simple steps given below.
    1. First of all switch off your phone.
    2. Now hold the call button + key * + key 3 togather.
    3. Press the power button with holding these buttons.
    4. It will open the setup wizard and now you can release the buttons.
    5. Just follow simple on screen instruction by the wizard and you will be able to do that.

Make this as the last option as a solution because it will delete all the data from your phone memory.