Thread: Nokia N8 Battery Life Problem

Nokia N8 Battery Life Problem

Hey, I got brand new Nokia N8 phone. I was very happy with Nokia N8 mobile phone but after few days I started getting Battery problem. Well, I thought that if Im buying nokia phone then definitely its battery life will be long. But in case, of Nokia N8 phone it’s not the same. I need to charge my battery every day, I charged my battery till the battery is fully charged, then to im getting this problem. Can please suggest me what to do, if you are having solution regarding this please tell me. I hope you consider my request and you will give me good advise, waiting for your valuable advise.
    Last edited by Vicky Woodley; 25-11-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Re: Nokia N8 Battery Life Problem

If you are charging the battery fully until the battery notifications comes that battery is fully charged or status bar stops completely or the charging indicator light is off then it’s should work properly. I think you might have been forgotten to activate power saving mode. In order make your battery life more convenient you need you activate power saving mode. Press power key in order to activate power saving. I think you need to try this and then see what’s the effect.

Well, I have heard that Nokia N8 battery is not user replaceable, we need to remove two screws and then we can remove the battery easily. The maximum talk time available in GSM phones is 720 mins and in CDMA phones is 350 mins. You can mute or reduce the level of keypad tones which I think is unnecessary. you also have an option of deactivating background animation effect which consumes more battery. You need to also take care of your Bluetooth device, turn it off when you don’t require in order to prolong the operating time of your device.

I think Battery consumes more battery when connected to WLAN . If you are trying to connect some access point or scanning for some available networks you are wasting your battery. In order to reduce your battery consumption you will need to require not scan your device or scan your device less often to available networks. Ever, have you noticed that when your phone is in offline mode, you do not get the WLAN icon available.

If you are connecting to GPRS through your mobile phone then it may consume more battery. Consumption of Battery is more when there is no packet data coverage and the device try to establish the packet data connection again and again. You can change the setting of connectivity of packet data connection to when needed. This may reduce your battery consumption. You need to use only Nokia battery charger i.e. AC-15 which recommended to use, don’t use any other charger accept this battery charger.

I think if you follow all this instruction you won’t find it difficult. Nokia N8 is good phones make sure that you use it in convenient manner. I would like to tell you some points where you can save same amount of battery. When you are listening to music and if you don’t want to receive or dial calls, you can make sure that you can also listen music in offline mode which is one of options where you can save your battery. Also, make sure that you don’t leave any applications running on background which also consumes more battery. Even if you are getting problems after following these instructions, you can go to Nokia Care Center and get replace your battery.

ohmy Re: Nokia N8 Battery Life Problem

Hi,

I've had a N8 for the past month, and the most I got out of it in STANDBY mode, were a mere 38h!

The phone had all the power saving features activated, as well as Wifi turned OFF, widgets in offline mode, no apps running, no calls were made/received, no photos/videos taken/viewed.

The phone wasn't touched (except to verify the battery status), and the screensaver was deactivated.

And 38h was the most I got! Miserable...
    Something is being overlook in the N8, because there are many people with battery life issues using this phone.

If you compare the results I got, with the official specs, it becomes obvious that Nokia is trying to keep this situation in the dark, because no one came forward to explain what's going on with these devices, and what can be done to fix them.

Nokia official specs:390h (Standby) - I got 38h with my phone
    12h talktime - I never got a talktime expectancy of more than 4,5h (by nokia battery monitor)
    50h Music playing (offline mode) - No more than 8 to 9 hours (by nokia battery monitor)

What's going on??

There is a massive thread right now, on Nokia Discussions Support Forum about this issue, and no solution was yet presented to the costumers by the manufacturer...what a shame...other than the miserable battery life, the phone is great