Thread: Warranty issues with Lenovo ThinkPad T500

Warranty issues with Lenovo ThinkPad T500

Exactly on the date 23rd November 2009 I bought two Lenovo ThinkPad T500 for me and my brother. Well at that time I found that the Lenovo was the Best and was within the budget that I had. At that time I have seen some sort of offer and hence wet for it and took two instead of one. Now the tings is that at the time of purchase I had also purchased 3 year extended warranty so that I can have the issues well handled by the tech support itself. As there was an offer as I mentioned above I took it in a hurry and was relaxed. But on 23rd November 2010 I received a mail from the Lenovo saying that the One year warranty that I was having on the laptop has expired. I felt a shock at that time and was really blank to what can be done with it. I tried searching for the solution but there was nothing that I can do so I thought of sharing the same here. Can you all please suggest me something that I can follow so that I can overcome the issue that has been mentioned above.

Re: Warranty issues with Lenovo ThinkPad T500

You had received the mail on the 23rd and today is 25th I think that they had notify you that the one year warranty that was with the notebook has expired and I am sure that you will receive a mail from them saying about the Extended Warranty soon. Please keep patience and wait for more two days and see if they can come up with some details regarding the same. If you do not get the notification from their side then I think that launching the complaint will be good idea so that they can be waken to look in the situation with which you are dealing right now. Hope to see some positive response from there. Please let me know what the words with which you were welcome there were. Waiting for your post to arrive.

On the first note I would simply suggest you to see if you can get some help from the Tech Support of the Lenovo. Well I would have done the same in the First place. I think that it is really them who can take care of the situation that has been explained above. Please try to launch a complaint at their site and see what they have for you from there. You will be required to submit the details regarding the purchase so please keep that ready with you when you are launching the complaint there. Details like the following should be ready with you: Name, Mobile, Email, Serial Number, Model Number, Date of Purchase and Invoice (scanned). See what the complaint results in your case.

You can launch you complaint here on this site: Lenovo. Well when you will visit this site you will be able to see a tab all at the above. The tab will be saying SERVICES AND WARRANTY. Just hover on that and there will be some more option there and you will be required to select the Warranty from there and after that you will be required to follow the instructions that it will ask for and then you will be able to have your complaint right on their head. I think that you will have to remind them about the offer that was offered to you and I think that this will wake them a bit, and will examine the case of yours much precisely and much with care. Please make your move soon as I think the delay you make the more you will have to suffer.

I have contacted the Tech Support of the Lenovo and have found that they were telling that the warranty on the Laptop was out and the Warranty that I had bought for was only for the Batteries that I have in the laptop. What the hell is that? Who in the world will buy warranty for the batteries by spending so much money? I tried to explain the things to them but I did not receive any further help from their side. I was about to post this entire thing in the First post but I thought that it will be nice to say all this after having some of the replies from your side. Also the link that you have given above is not working at all and I think that they have disabled this so that there cannot be any debate related to the warranty. Please if there is anything that I can do further so that I can be out of the issue here.

Well I even think that the people at the Lenovo tech support are nuts and I think that you will have to tell them there. If you want in addition you can go to the shop from where you had bought the Product and see if they can help you there. I think that they will be able to forward the complaint of yours properly. Well I think that the Site that was mentioned above was the only thing with which the communication could have been established. Well in addition to that if you want you can TYPE lenovo faq complain in the GOOGLE and then can proceed with the complain there. Please if you are going to the shop so take the receipt with you because after having that only you will be able to do the further things.