Thread: Need suggestion for upgrading gateway CPU

Need suggestion for upgrading gateway CPU

I anticipate to not take up much of anybody time, additional than consideration I would ask if there were submission for an uncomplicated cpu upgrade for a innovative laptop I immediately bought. I approximating by means of the intention of it has the nvidia 8800 GTS and lots of memory (4 gigs), and a spacious (320 gig HD), albeit sluggish (5400 rpm) hard drive. My merely complaint is the processor, it is a C2DUO 5550. I would approximating to maintain the upgrade beneath 300 USD. In addition, is it difficult to upgrading the processor or is it similar to, just eliminates plate, take out old and pop in innovative.

Re: Need suggestion for upgrading gateway CPU

The subsequently logical CPU with the intention of makes a diminutive difference presentation wise is the T7200. The CPU is ~$350+ and not a lot of places sell by means of the intention of CPU. In addition you have encompassed to create certain the BIOS hold up or maintain is obtainable, etc. For the extra 200Mhz and the 2MB L2, $300 is not worth it. It's extremely simple to upgrading. You unscrew the backplate by means of the intention of houses the RAM (which in addition houses the CPU and heatsink) and you unscrew the heatsink commencing the motherboard and yes. I have encompassed and seen numerous people who encompass position in Core 2 Extremes into these (X9000 to be exact) and be victorious at doing it too.

The M465-E utilizes the 945PM chipset which be supposed to work by means of a T7200. I have comprised in addition upgraded to the most recent obtainable BIOS by means of the intention of I be able to download (71.12). This laptop even had the T7200 as an upgrading alternative at one point. On the other hand when I inaugurate the CPU the system determine to not boot. The Spins up the drives and flashes the lights approximating a normal boot, then shuts down. Positioning the T2300E back in and the whole thing runs great.

I had tested it in an additional M465-E by means of the similar specs and it runs. Maybe it's a dissimilar motherboard model number. I determine to have encompassed to dig into it and locate part numbers to stature this out. The simply known dissimilarity is by means of the intention of the one by means of the intention of runs is working with BIOS v71.06; the one it failed in is working with v71.12. I encompass had an odd power tribulations by means of the original laptop which might point to a number of additional tribulations as well other than additional than restarting itself when the power plug is eliminated (Linux and Windows) it works extremely well.

With the intention of is attractive much the greatest CPU for that socket. That CPU frequently goes for in excess of $100 on ebay. You are going to encompass to come up by means of something else. In my opinion I would pull the motherboard out, sell by means of the intention of CPU on ebay, purchase a single core CPU for it for approximating $15. In addition being a socket 939 it's by means of DDR1 so you might not carry with the intention of in excess of to anything newer. As far as immediately endeavoring to upgrading it you are in the worst location possible for the reason with the intention of its attractive much maxed out in addition adding a graphics card. Even though if you were going to utilize it with the intention of way I would merely add a HD 4670. I would tranquil do what I recommended previous too though personally.

The primary thing to do is download CPUz - this free of charge effectiveness determine to assist you recognize which motherboard is installed in your PC on one occasion you be familiar by means of which mobo you encompass if it’s a well recognized brands you determine to be capable to make sure their website for companionable CPU's desire to replace the Pentium III by means of Pentium IV processor which I eliminate commencing a dead DELL Dimension 4500. And which of the Pentium 4s do you encompass, a Socket 423, 478. Or LGA 775 I share your relaxation of wanting to observe if it be able to. Give pleasure to let us be familiar by means of how it goes. Received an additional response saying it would not work, and subsequent to doing additional research and giving the impression of being at slot1 - 370 - and pentium 4 pictures, be able to observe.