Thread: Lenovo T61 battery not working properly

Lenovo T61 battery not working properly

Hi friends, I am having the Lenovo T61, on it running the Windows Vista Business. When I charged my battery fully 100%, after the full charging I run my laptop on the power of the battery. My battery is standard 6-cell OEM battery. When as soon as the battery gets to about 85%, the computer puts me in hibernate mode. I think that possibly the battery juice is not much to access with the laptop. I plug the laptop back in on AC power and I see that my battery is down to 3%. I charge it up to 100% again. I try the laptop on battery power again and at about 85% the laptop hibernates on me. my battery is not so old because i had about 10 to 12 months before. Please help.

Re: Lenovo T61 battery not working properly

Find out for the charge cycle in to the power manager under the battery information. In that it will list your first use date of battery, production date of battery, battery temperature etc. What you said regarding battery failure is quite common for the Sanyo batteries and also many batteries that fail are similar to what you said and also I have personally seen and experienced many of these kinds of battery failures. IPod with Sanyo batteries love to perform the battery failure with no apparent warning. show to Lenovo, if it is under warranty.

My suggestion to you is to have the new battery because it seems to me that your battery is defective. If your Laptop is still under the warranty then you may ask for the replacement. You can call support but they will tell you that if the machine is OLDER than 12 months that your battery is Out Of Warranty than you will have to purchase a new one. or try running battery maintenance through the power manager

Hope you would have done this solution. Make use of the TVT power manager which is under the battery maintenance and also do charge the threshold and set it to minimum to 20% and the maximum to 90%, it has the function that it will save the battery to be charge constantly between until the lowest threshold it reached. It will limit the recharge cycle and extend a bit the life of the battery. If you primarily use your system with the AC adapter attached to it and only infrequently use battery power, battery deterioration may occur faster when the battery is constantly charged at 100%. Lower the charge thresholds of your battery if you use your ThinkPad computer often while on AC power.