Thread: Toshiba T400 not booting up

Toshiba T400 not booting up

My problem started while i was uninstalling the service pack 3 for windows xp on my laptop i have been using the Toshiba T400 laptop. From that moment I could not start my laptop. The first warning I get is "the volume serial number is 320D-180E, windows is checking files and folders." After finishing the check says "file and folder verification complete. Windows has checked the file system and found no problems. " After a few seconds the screen comes a warning that says "STOP: 0000218 {error} file system file can not load the hive (file): \ systemroot \ system32 \ config \ SOFTWARE or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent or not writable.

Re: Toshiba T400 not booting up

It appears as your system is corruptes and hence i would suggest you to repair the operating system on cyour system. For this you need to follow the steps which are mentioned below:
    • Insert the recovery CD in the CD drive which you have got with the laptop.
    • Hold the delete button and restart the machine.
    • Now you will see a blue screen.
    • Now follow the instrution appearing at the bottom of your laptop screen to repair your system files.

Hello, I want to help one possess an HP laptop, lately it looks very slow both to start and when I use some programs, some films are crashing. Need some help to fix this issue. It is worthwhile to defragment often? It's worth the download or adware please elaborate or some other program? Grateful

Pentium M Centrino 1.73 GHz with 1GB of RAM
    80GB HD
    I use XP home edition 2002 service pack 3
    Avast Antivirus 4.8 Home
    Spybot
    Use Opera and Firefox
    also Bitcomet

This appears somewhat simple it appears as the resolution was automatically adjusted but the problem is that it has exceeded the limit of the screen so the screen goes to sleep because the screen area is off limits.

Try to do the following

1. RAM slot change.
    2. Processor death.
    3. Graphics card died.
    4. Power not strong enough.
    5. Resolution too big for the screen.
    6. Monitor cable or defective screen.

My laptop is noot shutting normally what happens exactly? It did not start off and gets stuck on the screen, or screen goes to closing and not closing? In many of these cases, I can see that i had to force the laptop down just because of some software that could not be ended by Windows. Please help me so that i can identify the same. any help in this matter would be appreciated.

I suggest the following test:
    • Click the Windows Start, All Programs, Accessories, and then Run. Type MSCONFIG and click OK.
    • In the new window, click the Startup tab (or Startup Programs). Then click on "Disable All" at the bottom of the window.
    • Thus, all items in the computer's boot will be disabled temporarily.
    • Then click Apply and Close. Restart the computer when prompted.
    • Upon reboot, check whether the problem returns.