Thread: How to turn off wi-fi in Nokia N8

How to turn off wi-fi in Nokia N8

I have recently purchased a nokia N8 mobile which has almost all the good features but it is difficult to use it if one have not proper knowledge of this phone or you can say who don’t have the proper guidance. As I am suffering from its one feature that I am not getting the point how to turn off the Wi-Fi in the phone which I have connected to my home’s wi-fi but after this now I am not able to turn off the wi-fi. Please anyone can suggest me how to turn off the wifi. Please help me.

Re: How to turn off wi-fi in Nokia N8

I think this is not a big issue it can be resolved by using the steps I am describing below please follow the steps:
    • To get the desired solution you need to go to the menu option.
    • After this you will get a list from that list just go to the settings.
    • In the settings option you will get the connectivity option then click on it.
    • After this you will get the Wlan option in the connectivity option then it will highlight the connection and from that you can select the disconnect wlan from the screen which pop up on the main screen.

As you have suggested me to do I have done all the thing as you have told to do but after following all the steps you have described in the post to do my connection is disconnected but the device is still searching for the available network and this leads to the battery drainage as the wifi module is not stopped in the handset. Please help me to get this function stopped completely after the use.

In this case you can follow the above steps which is suggested to do in the first post of this thread or you can use this Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Wi-Fi after this if you are getting the list of the available networks and your mobile displaying a message which says that no network found and you have the scanner of the mobile is still activated then I think you should to try the following things as described below:
    • Go to the option which can be accessed using the left soft key of the mobile.
    • After this go to the setting which will help you to set “Show Wi-Fi availability” to “never”.
    • This will help you to turn off entirely wi-fi scanning.
    • I think you should to turn off and you can set the "Wi-Fi Wizard" widget on single of my home screens which create it very cleanly to turn on or turn off with no having to go throughout 10 menu’s.

Thanks after this solution which you have given in the above post I am able to get the solution so that I can be able to stop and also able to work the wi-fi of the mobile phone which I have connected to the home wi-fi. After this your last suggestion which you have given to me to put a shortcut on the home screen and really this helps me to get the wi-fi turn on and turn off very easily.