Thread: Factory settings and eRecovery on Acer Aspire One laptop

Factory settings and eRecovery on Acer Aspire One laptop

I was using Microsoft windows 7 operating system on my desktop. Few before only I have purchased laptop of Acer aspire one. I want to restore my Acer laptop to factory setting. Is there a solution for restoring factory settings also give me the solution for using the eRecovery feature so that I can restore my system.

Re: Factory settings and eRecovery on Acer Aspire One laptop

Steps for use eRecovery are given below:
    1. Back up all the data from your system.
    2. Turn the Acer aspire on by pressing the power button.
    3. Press down the alt key immediately after pressing the power button. Now tap down the F10 button.
    4. Continue pressing the F10 key till the Acer eRecovery screen appears.
    5. You will get three options. Click on restore system to factory default. You will get a message that your C drive will be overwritten. Click on ok button to start the recovery.
    6. After the recovery your system will restart.

You can restore your Acer aspire one to default factory settings. To restore factory settings you need to follow the steps given below:
    • Go to Start/Programs/Acer Recovery Management.
    • Click on restore button on the bottom of the dialog box which appears on the screen.
    • You need to provide confirmation by clicking on yes button so that it can continue the recovery process.
    • Click on start button to start restoring the system to factory settings.
    • After restarting the system you will have the default factory settings.

I am having Acer Aspire one laptop and I want to restore my system to factory settings. From the above given solution when I rebooted the system and pressed the ALT and F10 key it doesn’t works. I think that ALT and F10 key has been disabled in my Acer system. is there any solution to activate ALT +F10 key so that I can restore my system to factory settings?

You can use ALT and F10 key to restore your Acer aspire one to default factory settings but if the ALT and F10 is not activated then you can follow the steps given below to activate it.
    1. There are two files on the disk named as “mbrwrwin.exe” and “rtmbr.bin”.
    2. You need to copy these two files on the C drive.
    3. Open the command prompt and type the names of these two files and hit the enter key.
    4. The ALT and F10 key will be activated.

You can follow the basic steps to restore Acer aspire to default factory settings. Just you need to go to Start/ Programs/Accessories/ System Tools and in the system tools select system restore. Click on the next button when the restore window appears. Pick a date that is before the day you changed the settings. The date will be highlighted and click on next button to restore it. The system will be restored to factory settings.

What do you do if the e recovery was disable by a virus. Every time i try it just reboots like i did nothing.

sorry for the necro post. Any help will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    What do you do if the e recovery was disable by a virus. Every time i try it just reboots like i did nothing.
    Havent you removed the virus till yet? Download a antivirus software called Malwarebytes and install it on your acer. Just scan with it your acer laptop and then try again to start the erecovery again and check if its working or not. Follow the suggestions given in this thread - How to Master MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware