Thread: How to configure Thomson speedtouch wireless router

How to configure Thomson speedtouch wireless router

i have brought this new Thomson Speedtouch wireless router and would want to know that how do I configure this wireless router to work with the Airtel broadband connection. I am using this connection with the my computer from last one year and I would to have the same connection on this wireless router. So for this I need to configure the wireless router with the internet connection, so can any one help me to know how do I make this configuration successful. I would want to use the wireless router since i have brought the laptop for use and I want the laptop to access the internet at any place from my home. So please help me to know about this configuration.

Re: How to configure Thomson speedtouch wireless router

Firstly you should have a wifi connection in your computer system if you want to connect the computer to the wireless router. Most of the laptops will surely have the wifi connection inbuilt in it and you wont have any kind of problem in connecting the laptop to the wireless router. After that you have to connect the airtel broadband cable too the wireless router. Once this is done you have to search for this device from your laptop and on locating the file you have to select that and you will be able to access the internet through the wireless router through the wifi in the laptop.

Hey inorder to successfully configure the wireless router to be able to connect to your laptop then you have to do the following.
    • First, you should locate your cable modem or DSL modem or which ever you are using and switch it off and remove from the socket.
    • Next, connect your wireless router to your modem through the pins which has provided in bot the devices.
    • Now make sure that your modem is connected directly to the Internet.
    • Once you have done this start the modem your computer will wirelessly connect to your router, and the router will send communications through your modem to the Internet.

Hey if your computer system doesn't have support for the wireless network then you can do the following to make the connection to the wireless router possible.. Firstly,plug your network adapter into your USB port, and place the antenna on top of your computer also if you want you can insert the network adapter into an empty PC card slot. Once this is done the computer will automatically detect the new adapter. But hey this will not complete the connection as you will have to configure the network adapter. you will have to insert the CD which came with the adapter to install the drivers and successfully configure the Network adapter.