Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980 issues with the speakers.

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980 issues with the speakers.

I am having this laptop with me and I was really happy with the manner that it was serving me. I am usually the lover of music and I really like to hear them with the full volume. I was doing the same today and then I came up with the issue here. I have the Windows 7 on the system and that was really working find with that, there was no issue with this laptop all were working fine with this and then I heard some weird noise in the laptop and then I suddenly shut the system down. I have seen that the Right side speaker of the system is down and will be happy if you all can help me out with the issue.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980 issues with the speakers.

I think that you have lost the speakers of your laptop and I think that you will be required to pay the visit to the Service Center and seek their help in this matter. IN addition to that if you want you can at first try talking with the Tech Support and see what they can suggest you in extra. I do not think that there is anything that can be rectified using the software or something like that. Please ask for the tech support and let us all here also know about the same.

I even completely agree with what my colleague has suggested above. I even think that the speakers are gone as I have seen that the speakers from the Toshiba are not that durable and will cause you the issues like this. if you are under the warrant and there is no physical damage to the laptop speakers then I am sure that you will have the treatment for free and that will be the best to go with. Please notify me with what step you choose to go with in the next post of yours. There is nothing that we can suggest if there is some physical damage to the speaker and will only suggest for the replacement.

When I contacted the Tech Support to see what they can suggest in the matter I came up with the solution to power-cycle the battery. Well that was what they suggested for the Aspire of mine and I think that you should try for the same. Just follow the steps below and see if you can have the issue solved:
    • First of all unplug everything that is connected to the Laptop
    • Then Turn OFF the system
    • When it will be turned off completely you will be required remove the battery from there.
    • After the battery is removed simply hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds.
    • After the clock says 30 seconds simply insert the battery in its slot
    • Then restart the system

I am sure that you will have your sound back as I was able to have that on mine and hence I think that you will have the same on your laptop as well.

I do not think that power recycle is really going to help if there is some sort of physical damage to the system and hence will take the stand with the Replacement. In addition to that if you want you can simply try for going in the Control panel and then looking for making some changes and see if that can help you in any manner. Also try to raise the volume and then try to lower the volume for four to five times and see if that can help with fighting the issue related to the sound. Also see if the same issue is there with the headphone. I think that there should be no issue but it is wise that you make a check for that. Please post if any of the above thing worked in your favor. Hope to see your post soon.

Thanks a lot for the smallest trick that you all came up with. The volume of the speaker was not high in my case and I did exactly what you said. I raised the Volume of the Speakers to the highest level that I could and then dropped it to the lowest level. After repeating the step for number (actually 5 times) of time I was able to get the sound back for my system. Thanks for the smallest trick. I think that there was nothing technical and the issue was solved in a much comprehensive manner. Thanks a lot again. Also I was out of the warranty and by getting this back I think that I have saved a couple of bugs in my case.