Thread: Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4033 no sound

Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4033 no sound

I have this Satellite L645D-S4033 from the Toshiba’s desk and I will be happy if you all can help me in bringing back the sound here on this laptop. I have two satellites with me and of the same model but have seen that the issue is only with one of the laptop. I really do not know what the cause behind this is and will be happy if you all can help me in getting out of this situation. I did the exact installation on both the Laptops but on the one the sound is present and for the other I have not seen the sound after I installed the Windows 7 on them. Both of them have the Windows 7 on their system and the only difference between the two is that the first one on which the sound is there is the brand new one and the second one is the one month older. Please help me with the situation that I am struck with. Hope to see some solutions soon.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4033 no sound

You have mentioned the difference and I think that it is what that can make the difference here. I think that the speakers and the volume control software and the Drivers that you are using for the older laptop is causing this issue. Also please tell me what was the operating system before the Windows 7 on the laptop? I think that you did not installed the operating system properly and will advise you to do that again and see if you can see the issue of the sound getting eliminated. Please go for the Clean Installation and see if that can make any difference.

Well going for the installation of the pirating system I do not think that it is fair at all. I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and then try to install the same again and see if that can come with the remedy. I think that while installing the drivers you must have left on something and that can be causing you the issues that have been presented here. Just go for the clean installation of the Drivers and see if that actually solved the issue. Also in addition to that I would also recommend you to see if the drivers that you have for the new one can be brought into play here as well. Sometimes it can also be used as one of the option.

What has been suggested above really holds the point and I think that it will be nice to follow the same. On the First I thought that the issue can be because of some kind of malware activity but you have just mentioned that you had installed the Operating System now and hence I think that it can have much less strength behind this. Well as an additional solution if you want you can have this option ON on the trial basis. Install one of the GOOD antivirus and see that you have full system scan. I am sure that after that if it was because of some sort of the Malicious activity then you will be able to have the issue solved. You can try for the McAfee as I think that it is the best one as I have that for me.

I am of the opinion that you should have the latest drivers for the system of yours and I am sure that it will do the trick. You can have the drivers for the laptop from the official site of Toshiba: http://www.csd.toshiba.com feed the proper details like the model number of the laptop and you will get the drivers on the basis of that. If you want you can also have the drivers based on the REFINE search. All that would have to be done but I have brought you the link for the drivers instead and I think that it will help you in finding the proper solution. Here is the link for the DRIVERS: Conexant Audio Driver for Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4033. Well this driver can work with Windows 7 (32bit), Windows 7 (64bit) so you will not be required to worry for the bit version at all. Download and Install them see if that can help.

You have received all the possible suggestions and if at all after trying for all the things if you can not have the sound back on the Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4033 then I think that you will have to visit the Service center for the same as I think that they are the best one who can handle the situation like this. Also in addition to that I have seen some of the things in the BIOS and will be happy to share about the same here. In the Laptop see if the Beep sound in the BIOS is turned ON. if at all it is OFF please see that you turn it ON and I think that will bring the sound back on the LAPTOP. If you are getting trouble in getting the BIOS you can enter the F2 key while the system boots up so that you can enter the BIOS setting.