Thread: Unable to boot windows 7 from USB memory on Acer aspire 5100

Unable to boot windows 7 from USB memory on Acer aspire 5100

I am having the Acer aspire 5100 laptop and using it from last few years. Till now it has served me its best, but yesterday when i tried to boot windows 7 though USB then it was unable to do it. Actually i already have windows XP on my system and wanted to install the windows 7. I have copied the windows 7 setup on my USB device and then tried to install it but nothing happens. Whenever i hit enter to boot the same then it just give me a black screen and nothing else. Please let me know why it is not detecting the bootable program.

Re: Unable to boot windows 7 from USB memory on Acer aspire 5100

The laptop that you are using has not been set to boot from the USB device. So what you have to do here is that change the first boot device from the bios. Changing the first boot device form the BIOS and setting is as the USB port will help the system to read the bootable program. It may have also happen that the second and third boot device of the system has been disabled so try and make it enable and then use the USB too boot windows 7. I am sure that it will definitely help you to solve your issue and you can easily start the windows 7 setup.

It seems to me that the windows operating system setup that your USB is holding must be corrupted and that is why it is not being loading. As mentioned by you that you have copied the entire se6tup from a DVD to USB memory and than trying to boot it then I have to say that you are on the wrong direction. You have to always create a bootable source for installing any operating system and the procedure of doing so is totally different. So better try and install the OS from the actual disk don’t use nay external memory for it.

I have gone through your problem and I believe that your system must not be compatible for getting installed windows 7 on it. And this is the reason why you are not been able to install the setup. I think first you have to make your system capable of holding this operating system and then try and install the same. I hope this will make you understand what is going wrong in this case.

The Acer aspire 5100 laptop that you are using is too old and don’t think that it has the ability to boot from the USB device that you are using. So try and use any other media to install the setup, if possible then replace the laptop itself because if you will try and install the setup through any source than also it will not run on the laptop that you have.