Thread: Acer Extensa 4420 not starting up

Acer Extensa 4420 not starting up

I am having the Acer Extensa 4420 laptop and using it from last few months. It is the best notebook that i have ever used. But yesterday when i tried to power it on the system was not responding. I pressed the power button several time but the result was same there was nothing on the screen and fan was also not moving. I have also tried of attaching the battery charger plug in and charge the laptop for almost an hour but still it didn't started. It has windows XP operating system and the processor is of Intel core2 duo I am unable to anything please help me out of this.

Re: Acer Extensa 4420 not starting up

It seems to me that the battery of the laptop is corrupted or damaged. And that is the reason why it is not starting up. It may have happen that the battery is not working well due to overcharging and also not responding. So what you have to do in this case is that just try and insert the any other battery of the same model on the laptop and check whether the system is starting or not. If the system starts then just replace your current battery with the brand new one. I am sure that replacing the battery will definitely start the laptop.

According to me the Cmos battery of your motherboard is faulty or not in a working condition. Most of the Acer laptops are facing this issue of the battery being drained out early. I guess you must have come to know about the problem so replace the Cmos battery as soon as possible. I hope replacing this battery will start your system again and make sure that you use the finest quality of batteries that will not let you down in future.

I think you have to contact the Acer support and place a complaint over there regarding the laptop. You have to visit the nearest customer care center and let them know the actual problem that you are facing with the laptop of yours. They will definitely help you to get rid of the problem and will also do it in free of cost if the laptop is under warranty.

I am also facing the similar kind of problem, mine also Acre laptop is not showing anything on the screen. Actually when I turn on the system it makes beep sound but the screen remains blank. I have tried troubleshooting the issue by the CD provided to me. I did so to know whether there is anything wrong with any hardware part of it. And found that everything is fine but don’t know why it is not working. Please help me in this case and get me out of this.

If you are getting the blank screen after starting the system then there is definitely nothing wrong with the laptop of yours. Don’t worry at all it is just the issue related to operating system. This problem generally occurs when the operating system gets corrupted and I think you are also going through the same phase. So what you have to do in this case is that just install the fresh setup of the latest windows operating system or the one that you were already using. I am sure that installing the operating system again will help you to get your system started. But keep one thing in mind that you always use the original version of the windows and not the pirated.

It is physically possible to replace the Cmos battery without any disassemby of the laptop. The battery is located just right of the touch pad on the extebsa 4420. I turned over the computer and removed the screws on the front and some middle screws so that I was able to gently pry the top up to access the Cmos battery. I placed a suitable wedge in between the top and bottom cover and then fashioned a metal hook out of a paperclip to flick out the Cmos battery and the other battery slips and locks in place. Be sure to remove the main battery and unplug the computer from the power supply. Also, do not strain the top and bottom sections too much as you may cause breakage or damage. Good luck