Thread: NVIDIA Drivers for Sony Vaio Z11

NVIDIA Drivers for Sony Vaio Z11

I am i n definite need for the NVIDIA Drivers on my Sony wio Z11 laptop which i have recently purchased. When i purchased this laptop i didn't got any driver containing disk with it and also i failed to find the driver for this model. Aftrel lot of search i got the drivers but of Z13 series, Now the thing here i that the graphic card that i am having is seems to be not working properly and i guess the drivers are the main reason for it. So from where i can get NVIDIA DRIVERS 260.99 WHQL. Also i found that my fan control is blocked buy hoe that i don't know. Please help me to solve this issue and also let me know from where i can get the compatible drivers.

Re: NVIDIA Drivers for Sony wio Z11

Here the major mistake that you did is installing the drivers of Z13 for Z11. Each and every products have uniqueness in them and here if yo are installing the drivers of any other model on your system then it will definitely give you some issues. First of try and find the drivers for the associate model and i am sure that if yo are installing the compatible drivers from the system then the problem is resolved on its own. The compatible drivers will not give you any further issues.

Re: NVIDIA Drivers for Sony vaio Z11

If your Fan control is blocked then you can easily enable it trough the BIOS. What you have to do in this case is just reset the BIOS settings. The BIOS settings will bring back the control of yours on the fan. And here are the steps that will help you to change the BIOS:
    • First of all restart the laptop
    • The press the "F2" key continuously until you enter in the BIOS.
    • After that you will see the Bios screen
    • There you have to select the LOAD BIOS DEFAULT and press enter.
    • This will reset the BIOS and will give the control back on the FAN.
    • At last hit save to keep the changes.

Re: NVIDIA Drivers for Sony wio Z11

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have to install the appropriate driver for the system, You will get this drivers on the official website of it. What you have to do here is that just download the drivers from that particular website and install it on the system. In this you will get the associated driver on Nvidia's official website. After visiting this site just select the model and then the operating system on which you are working. Or just follow the below mention link which will directly take you the page where you will find the drivers you want: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html. I hope that downloading the drivers from here will definitely help you.

Re: NVIDIA Drivers for Sony Vaio Z11

Thank you friends for your vital suggestion, I have downloaded the driver and also installed on to my system. It seems to me that the visuals I am getting now are far better than the earlier one and also video clarity has improved. I am able to play all kind of games on it. But one question that arises in my mind whether this driver will work on my brothers system. He also has the same laptop with the same series but the operating system used by him is Ubuntu. Will the operating system matters in this case. Does any one have ever installed the same NVIDIA driver on their system having Linux based OS if yes then please reply top this query.