Thread: Unable to Run Black Ops in Sony Vaio EA36

Unable to Run Black Ops in Sony Vaio EA36

I have recently purchased a Sony wio EA36 laptop, with the windows XP operating system and the Intel core i3. I have upgraded the operating system from windows XP to windows 7. I am using it from last few days and it is giving me its best. I am game addict and i love to play games. So I installed the Call of duty Black ops on my laptop. But the thing here is that it is not working on it, in fact when i start the game the screen resolution is adjusts and the game is exited itself. I don't know why i am not able to play this game though i have a heavy configuration on my laptop. Please help me to solve this problem and also let me know how i can make this game work on my system.

Re: Unable to Run Black Ops in Sony wio EA36

I think the only reason behind this is the upgradation that you have done. I think when you updated your operating system from windows Xp to windows 7 at that time you have must have committed some mistake or the upgradation was not proper. It happens that if the operating system is not coping with any software or game or any application than it will definitely not all that particular program to run. And i fear that in your case it is the same. So in this case what you have to do is uninstall the current operating system and then install the fresh and the original copy of windows 7. Make sure that you are install the proper licensed version of windows 7 and not the pirated one. Reinstalling the operating system will help you for sure.

According to me the compatibility issue i snot letting you to do so. The system that you are using is not letting you to play the game. Before installing the game make sure that the game is compatible with the windows 7 or not. I think the Black ops that you have installed on the system is not compatible with it and what you have to do is go through the system requirements of the same. I am sure that this will help you to know whether the game that you are trying to play is compatible with the system of yours or not:
    • CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
    • RAM: 2GB
    • VGA: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT
    • DX: DirectX 9.0c
    • HDD: 12GB
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible

It seems to me that the graphics card that you are having on your system is not DirectX 9 compatible. So try and check out with another graphic card which has direct X 9. And then see whether the game is working or not. And if starts working then you have to definitely change the card that. So try and use the latest and the finest card that will give you the best gaming experience.

I have gone though this case and it seems to me that you have to change the graphic card of yours because i guess it must not be having the higher shader that. the sahder is the one which enhances the video resolution and make the card compatible for the game which must be more than 3.0. I can suggest you a better card that will solve all your issues. The NVIDIA GeForce2 MX graphic card will satisfy all your requirements and also will give the best gaming experience, Here are some of its features and specifications that will help you to know it better:
    • 256-bit Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) architecture
    • 32-bit color
    • 32-bit Z/stencil buffer
    • Integrated hardware transform engine
    • Integrated hardware lighting engine
    • 8 lights per rendering pass
    • Any combination of infinite, local, directional or spot
    • Colored lights
    • NVIDIA Shading Rasterizer
      1. Real-time per-pixel effects
      2. Per-pixel bump mapping (Dot3)
      3. Emboss bump mapping
      4. Bi-directional reflectance distribution functions (BRDF)
      5. Multitexture and multipass
      6. Procedural textures
      7. Stencil
      8. Stipple
      9. Fog - radial or linear
      10. Depth cueing
    • Cube environment mapping
    • High-performance 2D rendering engine
      1. Optimized for 32-, 24-,16-, 15- and 8-bpp modes
      2. True-color hardware cursor with Alpha
      3. Multi-buffering (double, triple, or quad) for smooth animation and video playback
    • High-quality HDTV/DVD playback
    • High-Definition Video Processor for full-screen, full-frame video playback of HDTV and DVD content
    • Independent hardware color controls for video overlay
    • Hardware color-space conversion (YUV 4:2:2 and 4:2:0)
    • Motion compensation
    • 5-tap horizontal by 3-tap vertical filtering
    • 8:1 up/down scaling
    • Per-pixel color keying
    • Multiple video windows supported for CSC and filtering
    • DVD sub-picture alpha-blended compositing

Re: Unable to Run Black Ops in Sony Vaio EA36

Thank you for the suggestion, I have sorted my issue by installing the appropriate driver. I downloaded the driver from the official site and then installed it on my system. As the driver was compatible, so I found no problem while installing the driver. Now I am able to start the game but the thing is that it is not running in full screen mode. I don’t know why I am not being able to play the game in the full screen mode because all the other games are doing fine. I am sure that there is no driver issue now but not able to understand the exact reason for this small screen. Can anyone help me in this case.