Thread: Toshiba T510 touchpad not working

Toshiba T510 touchpad not working

Suddenly the touchpad no longer responds to commands (including the buttons). Is there a function to enable / disable or broken. or am i missing something. it was working absolutely fine till i turned it off last night. Suddenly when i turned my laptop this morning Unfortunately, I do not have a mouse in device manager to check. I need my laptop badly today since i had to make some presentation at my office. Please help me out to get this issue fixed.

Re: Toshiba T510 touchpad not working

This situation clearly indicates a driver issue and hence i would suggest you to reinstall the driver and for this you need to roll back the drivers which are already installed on to the system. Go to the device manager and simply uninstall the existing drivers and reinstall the new drivers on your system restart the laptop and the touch pad should start working.

I have a laptop with Vista home premium on it. My problem is that the touchpad no longer works. I've tried a new driver to load down and reinstall, but then the message driver was not compatible with vista. Driver was downloaded directly from vendor Please tell me what can I do? we find the touchpad in the system settings - Device Manager or where do I look? please help me because some problem with the keyboard can also be noticed. if I want to use the numeric keys (Fn + NumLk) comes from nothing no letters numbers only - what is this?

Hmm... should we guess what a notebook touchpad and what?

I've tried a new driver to load down and reinstall, but then the message driver was not compatible with vista. Driver was downloaded directly from vendor Please tell me what can I do?
    Well, the most Synaptics is installed you probably here downloaded the latest drivers. We find the touchpad in the system settings - Device Manager or
    Exactly, in Device Manager it should be. Maybe you have a hotkey on your laptop, with which you can to the touchpad on and off. Check this for me.

On the number pad problem I can not say anything, because the NumLock light is lit (if any)?

As far as i know it appears as you have disabled your laptop by mistake so you need to enable it once again if you want to use it in future. On my laptop i can enable or disable using the hot key Fn + F7 so on your laptop there must be a similar kind of key combination or you can also try pressing Fn + F7 or so a button near the touch pad. If this is not the key then simply read the user manual.