Thread: Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam camera unable to start at sleep mode

Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam camera unable to start at sleep mode

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 Laptop with the incorporated Chicony 2.0 Webcam. I currently am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my Laptop. I am facing the trouble of a clean reboot my Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam works fine. But, after when I used to keep my laptop into the sleep mode, my webcam is not to work and cannot be recharged until the subsequently reboot. Upon waking up the computer system, I am getting an error message that somewhat is effect of "USB Device not recognized. A USB device on this computer has malfunctioned". The USB device of the webcam has failed. I have not to solve this problem from my system. Do anyone have solve this problem from their system please do help me.

Re: Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam camera unable to start at sleep mode

I had come across with the same problem of webcam as I am using the same Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam camera on to my desktop system in that I had installed the windows XP in it. I have the driver of the Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam camera and I have then installed the driver of Webcam camera. The problem not working the webcam at the sleep mode had solved from my system. Try this solution I believe that this will work.

I think that your system is not able to recognize your webcam. To solve this problem from your system you have to update the driver of your Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam camera related to the windows XP. You must try to do this because I have removed the same problem only by upgrading the Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam camera. I hope this will help you.

You have a video camera that is connected to a Windows Vista-based computer through a USB connection. Note This kind of camera may also be known as a "webcam."
    • You use the video camera together with a video-capture program to capture input from the camera.
    • The computer is configured to use a power plan that puts the computer to sleep after a specified period of inactivity.
    • You use the camera-preview feature to view input from the camera, and then Windows Vista enters a sleep state.
      1. In this scenario, you may experience one of the following symptoms when you resume the computer from sleep:
      2. The camera-preview feature displays a blue screen that contains no video from the camera.
    • The camera-preview feature displays a black screen.

You must have to do the uninstallation and reinstallation the Chicony USB 2.0 Webcam camera software. And start using it and then you can try it for the sleep mode of the computer system. Or if you have not solved this problem then you can go to read the manual of the Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 Laptop you will some other solution related to this problem.