Thread: HP Mediasmart Webcam Problem

HP Mediasmart Webcam Problem

ok so i have a hp webcam integrated in my laptop, and when i installed the driver software the laptop restarted itself and now when i try to install the driver for the webcam again, it doesn't want.
    i mean.. i double click on it, i see the command prompt stuff that i saw from the previous installations, but it just closes and i can't do anything.
    in programs like yahoo messenger or camtasia studio my webcam works fine but i need the driver software so badly.
    i looked a little in the registry for any trace of a remaining "bit" of the driver that causes it to not install, but i got nothing. same with programs and features.

so please help me guys. thanks in advance

Re: HP Mediasmart Webcam Problem

Your thread has been moved from the Operating System to the Portable Section. I think that you must have done something wrong with the installation of the drivers and I think that you will have to look for the same. I would advise you to go to the official site of the HP and see if you can have the Latest Drivers from there so that you can overcome your issue. Regarding the steps for uninstalling or removing the previously installed drivers you can make use of the CC Cleaner, Well I am sure that the Uninstall feature of the CC Cleaner will take good care of the previous installed drivers. Actually during the installation some bat files are brought into play and I think that is where you will be required to use the CC Cleaner. Well let me know with what you were successful.

i already tried with ccleaner but i don't see any hp mediasmart / cyberlink driver listed there. neither in C:/program files or anywhere. it's really weird why the hell it doesn't want to install.
    also i have the lastest driver from the hp website

I was having the same problem with the installation of the HP Mediasmart Webcam and i have no idea what was causing the issue. I have contacted the HP support regarding the same but they also unable to solve the same. Finally i had clean installation of Windows Vista and then tried to install the driver and it work this time. It seems that there might be some third party application which might be conflicting with the HP driver. So if you can then go through same to resolve the issue.