Thread: Unable to play sims 2 on my toshiba satellite L305-S59071

Unable to play sims 2 on my toshiba satellite L305-S59071

I have recently purchased Toshiba satellite L305-S59071 laptop and my system in running windows vista operating system. The problem I am getting is that when I am trying to play the sim2 on my laptop, then i am not able to play it. The system gives me the message saying that it is not able to locate the directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in the system. It also tells me to make sure that i have the latest driver installed in the machine, which is given by the manufacturer. Till yesterday i was not getting any such message while starting this game. If you have any ideas related with this problem, and then try to post it here. Thanks.

Re: Unable to play sims 2 on my toshiba satellite L305-S59071

The problem which you are facing seems to be related with the graphic card. So I will advise you to change your change you graphic card with the list I am providing here.
    1. ATI Radeon 9800
    2. ATI Radeon X550
    3. ATI Radeon X700
    4. ATI Radeon X800
    5. ATI Radeon X1800
    6. ATI Radeon X1900
    7. ATI Radeon X1950
    8. NVidia 6000
    9. NVidia 6600
    10. NVidia 7300
    11. NVidia 7800
    12. NVidia 7950

All the names which I have suggest the here fully support DirectX 9. You can go for anyone of this. I hope that you will be able to solve your problem.

I would like to ask you a question regarding you machine. Are you able to run other games on your machine? If yes then problem lies in you sims 2, so for fixing this I will advise you to repair you game and then try to run it, if this does not solves the issue, then you will require to reinstall the game on your machine. If even the other game does not work on your machine, then there is definitely problem in your machine, so for this i will advise you to boot the system in safe mode and then try to run the game. I hope that after doing this fix you will be able to solve your issue, because i was also facing the same problem while i was trying to play sims 3 game on my machine and i had tried the same solution for solving my issue and fortunately it did solved my issue. so even you can go for the same.
    Last edited by Sonic; 23-11-2010 at 05:39 PM.

I require you help on one of my query. I want to know that can I run Sims 2 game under a Standard User account. If yes, then is there any way to do this. As I am not a technical person so I don’t know much about it. If you have any idea regarding this topic, then please try to post it here. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes you can do this on your machine, but for doing that you will require to have an administrative privilege in order to install the game and you can run the game as a limited user. You will require keeping the following things in mind while installing and running the game on your machine.
    • When you are trying to log as a standard user and when you insert the disk, then you will be asked you administrative privilege. While installing the game you need to enter the password and click on continue. In order to play the game you will require to go to the start and then to programs >> The Sims 2 Seasons.
    • While launching the game you need to click make the use of the start menu or the game explorer in order to save the game in your standard user profile.

Hope have helped you.

I am facing problem related with this sims 2 game, so I need you help on this. My exact problem is that, when I was trying to install the sims 2 DVD product on my computer, with windows vista operating system. Then I ejected the DVD and now my DVD drive is not responding anymore. I am having no idea related with this issue. If you have any fix for this problem, then try to post you reply here. Thanks

For this particular problem I will like to help you out. While you are installing the sims 2 DVD product on your machine, then do not try to eject the disk. If the game is already being installed on your machine and then you are experiencing the problem, then you will require restarting the computer using a hard reset. After doing that you will require to manually deleting the game directory. Once you are done with this now you will require to choose the uninstall option for the entry in Programs. I hope that once you do will try this fix on your machine, it will definitely solve your problem.