Thread: S/PDIF output jack of Toshiba Qosmio X500

S/PDIF output jack of Toshiba Qosmio X500

Toshiba Qosmio X500 is the laptop that I am using. I have one question in this respect. Actually I want to setup 5.1 sound on this system and I want to have some sound advice for this. I have decided to use the S/PDIF output in this matter. I want o have this with the Logitech Z-5300 system that I have with me. To explain the scenario I have seen that Logitech Z-5300 system has three inputs green, orange, and black stereo jacks. Now the only thing that I want to know about this is there an Adapter or Cable that can help me gain this. Is there anything that can help take the digital S/PDIF audio output and then renovate the same to triple of analog stereo jacks? What can you all suggest me here in this case?

Re: S/PDIF output jack of Toshiba Qosmio X500

I do not think that there is any possibility with which Logitech Z-5300e is going to support S/PDIF output. Well I think that you will be required to look for other alternative and that is the only thing at the moment that I can suggest you with this at the moment. Well I will see if I can have the alternative for this in the case below. Hope that you understood the point and let me know about the scene.

I have even seen the same here on the Logitech site and I think that what has been suggested above is really what we should consider. I have seen that it only accepts RCA from either 2 Channel, 4 Channel or 6 Channel. I have been through the manual and have seen that there is hardly anything that has been mentioned about the S/PDIF in the manual. After looking at each aspect I think that you will be required to have the stereo headphone plug to RCA Left/Right. I have one more option and I think that you will be able to have that in your case. You can run the stereo head phone jack by means of a cable to a sound system. Please see that the sound system supports the S/PDIF. I am sure that you must have got the point.

It will be nice if you can go through the manual of the Z-5300 speakers. You will be able to see in the manual itself if it supports S/PDIF. I am saying this as I have seen that some of the speakers support S/PDIF and I have also seen that some of the speakers do not as well. if at all you find difficulty in running the Z-5300 speaker with the S/PDIF connection, then it will be advisable if you can run the notebook's S/PDIF using the audio system.

Well I think that whatever has been suggested above is well and good but in addition to that I would also like you to see for the following threads and see if you can have the solution from them. Her e are the links below and see if you find them useful. See the links below: Vista MCE DVD S/PDIF audio output and Toshiba QOSMIO X500 SPDIF Problem. Please let me know if you find them some of your business.