Thread: Microphone issue with Windows 7 on Toshiba

Microphone issue with Windows 7 on Toshiba

I have the Toshiba Satellite M300 with me and I think that the rest must have been cleared looking at the title itself. Well I have the microphone in the laptop and I have some issues with the same. I was using the Windows Vista on the notebook and then I thought of switching to the Windows 7 operating system that is the latest one from the Windows side. Well I had the one for me and now it has started to come up with the issue. I can see that the sound can come out of the system but with the new operating system on it I have seen that the microphone has died. I cannot see the microphone responding at all. The same issue is with the External Microphone and I would be really happy if you all can come up with the suggestions in this matter. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Microphone issue with Windows 7 on Toshiba

Looking at the things that you have mentioned I think that it is the clear case of the issues with the DRIVERS and will be really happy if you can have the drivers installed for you in the laptop. You can make use of the Driver CD that came along with the Laptop when you bought the same. Please have the drivers installed on the system and then reboot the system. If however you had done that at first I will request you to do the same again, uninstall the drivers completely that you had installed and then go for the reboot and after that install the drivers again and then again reboot the system. Please let me know if you were able to have the solution by doing this.

Well before suggesting anything to you can I know what is the bit version of the operating system that you have on the system of yours? if at all it is the 32 bit then let me tell you that you will be able to get out of the issue easily but if at all the bit version of the Windows 7 that you have on the system is the 64 bit one then you will be required to make some extra attempt so that you can be out of the issue. The case is that however at first there were issues with the 32 bit version of the Windows 7 but as the time passed the issues with the 32 bit version were overcome but the 64 bit version is the latest one and I have seen that there are not much support for the software with this Operating System and vice versa.

I do not think that there is any thing wrong in having the Windows 7 64 bit as the operating system. I think that it is nice to have an Operating System that can run on both the platform. Well I have seen that the Windows 7 has two folders in it one is for the 32 bit program and the other one for the 64 bit program. If at all the application requires the support for the 32 bit or the application is the 32 bit then the 32 bit folder takes care of that application, and if the application is of 64 bit then it is handled with the 64 Bit folder. So I do not think that theoretically there should be any issues as such. In addition to that it will be wise to go for the installation of the Drivers instead.

I have a try and hence I will not call it as solution. Just see the steps below and tell me if this trial was able to fix the issue that is being discussed here. This trial is for the Windows 7 and there is no issue with this try if you are using the 32 bit version or the 64 bit version. Just give this a try and let me know if that really helped you in any matter:
    1. Go to the Start
    2. In the Search box at the bottom type Sound
    3. Then a window will open on the screen
    4. You will be required to go into the Sound Properties.
    5. There you can click on the Recording
    6. Then you will be required to open the Properties of the Microphone
    7. Here you will be required to make some amendments; you will have to change boost to MAX

I am of the opinion that this will solve the issue that you are facing at the moment.

In the matter that is being discussed I think that the drivers are the one that can really help with the issue that is online. Go to the official site of the Toshiba. The official site is: http://www.csd.toshiba.com . On the official site you will be required to go to the Download section. Many times the user reaches the home page but they cannot proceed further. When you will click on the Download that is present at the top. Then you will see three options viz. 1. CHOOSE CATEGORY 2.CHOOSE FAMILY 3.CHOOSE MODEL. Make the proper selection and then it will offer you the perfect match if you have given the things properly. Hope that you will; all by yourself will have the drivers from the Official site.