Thread: Unable to find the bootable recovery media for Toshiba satellite 1650

Unable to find the bootable recovery media for Toshiba satellite 1650

Hi I am having the Toshiba satellite 1650 and using it from last few weeks. Recently I have upgraded the operating system from windows XP to windows 7. But now it seems to me that my system is messed up with something. Whenever I try t start the system it will just appear on the screen that “starting windows” and nothing else happens after that. I am not able to have access on it. And when I reboot it directly enters in the system recover where I am getting a black screen with a cursor blinking on it and nothing else. Initially Toshiba use to provide the bootable recovery for their products but now they are not doing so I guess that would have helped me. So is it possible for me to get this one. I don’t know what is wrong with it and also unable to fix the issue

Re: Unable to find the bootable recovery media for Toshiba satellite 1650

The problem that you are facing is due to the installation of the operating system that you have done recently. It may have happen that the source from where you have taken the setup for windows 7 was not proper or the installation process was not popper. So what you have to do here is just uninstall the entire windows 7 and then install it with a fresh copy and from a trusted version. Keep in mind that never install the pirated copy of the operating system since they can be corrupted and also can harm the other parts of your system mainly Hard disk

Just try and run your system in safe mode and see to it whether it runs or not. If you will ask me then it should run in safe mode if the normal one is not working. So have an access over it by entering through the safe mode and see what’s wrong with it or try and find the reason behind this lag. I am sure you will find at least something that will give you an idea about the problem. And then do the possible changes required.

According to me in this case you have to place a complaint to the Toshiba support and let them know in detail about the problem that you are facing. I hope that they will definitely provide the source from where you can get the bootable disk which will recover the system. So visit the customer assist nearby you as soon as possible and let them do the needful for you.

Thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending the vital time for finding the solution. But still I am facing the same problem, I tried entering the safe mode but it is not letting me to do so. Also I have reinstalled the operating system but nothing doing. I have also place the complaint in front of Toshiba but they are saying me to submit the laptop and will take more than one month for solving the issue, and I don’t want to let my laptop away from me for this long period. I am confused a lot in this case please help me to solve it.