Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505 S69803 issues with the Microphone

Toshiba Satellite A505 S69803 issues with the Microphone

I have the Toshiba Satellite A505 S69803 laptop for me and it is really coming up with some serious issues and I really need your help in the matter so that I can have the problems solved. I have the Windows 7 on the system and all was well when I was having the Windows XP on that but when I upgraded to the Windows 7 all I can see is the issues all over on the laptop. I will really appreciate any help which will help in tackling any issue with this laptop. I like to talk with my friends and for that I use the Skype. But while using that I have seen that there are issues with the inbuilt microphone of mine. All I can see is that my friends say that they cannot hear me at all. Well that was from one part but know I have seen that the issue has come on both the sides. At first I was able to hear my friends but now I cannot hear them as well. Please tell me who can be the real culprit here.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505 S69803 issues with the Microphone

Well you have just mentioned that when you started using the Windows 7 you were able to see the issue for the first time and I think that the operating system can be the one behind the issue. I have seen lot of cases with the Windows 7 and the hardware and I have seen that the issue is almost because of the compatibility issues. All I can suggest you at the very moment is to see for the compatible drivers and let me know if that can really help you to get out of the issue. You will be able to get the latest drivers and with the compatibility mode on the official site of the Toshiba and if at all you do not find that you can see for the Windows Vista drivers that can work on the Windows 7 platform as well. I am sure that you will have the best one for you and once you have that and if the volume turns up please let me know about the same.

In my opinion I think that the culprit is really hard to find. The issue can be because of any one from the following:
    • Windows 7
    • BIOS
    • Hardware (Speakers)

One really cannot say if the issue is simply because of the Windows 7. Yes there were some issues with the Windows 7 but all that issues have been solved to some extent. Well going with the drivers will be a better idea to go with and in addition to that it will be really nice if you can see for the installation of the SKYPE as well. I would simply suggest you to see if you had installed the SKYPE properly. Also please let me know what is the version of the Skype that you are using with the System at this very instant. Can you chat and talk on the Google Talk. Please see for that and report us about the same. It is after only you submit the details I will be able to help you with the situation and will be able to handle the real culprit.

I think that you will be required to have the update of the BIOS of the system and that is the only thing that can be done if all the above things failed to go in your favor. Please see for the BIOS on the Toshiba Site and you will get it there. See if that can help you so that you can have the sound back on yours system. Also in addition to that let me tell you that dealing with the BIOS is extremely crucial step and will have to proceed with your own risk.

I have the things from the official site and if you do not find them there then you can have them directly by clicking on the links below. I would suggest you to have the SOUND DRIVERS for the Toshiba at the first and then go for something else. Here is the Link: Realtek Audio Driver for Toshiba Satellite A505 S69803. The sound drivers that I have given above is for both Windows 7 (32bit), Windows 7 (64bit) operating system. Also it is applicable to the following models as well: A500-ST5602, A500-ST56X4, A500-ST56EX, A500-ST6622, A500-ST5601, A500-ST56X3, A500-ST5605, A500-ST5606, A500-ST6621, A505-S6996, A505-S6995. If that did not help you then you can have the BIOS and the Link for the same is here: BIOS for Toshiba Satellite A505 S69803. See what works and which does not, please let me know about that in your next post.

Please whatever you do please do it in a clean manner. Please always see that you go for the clean installation. Download the Drivers and see if that can help you with the issues and if that at all did not help and the BIOS option also fails then it will be nice if you can have the laptop to the service center and see if they can help you out of the issue. They are the beat when it comes to their product and I think that is the option that is worth of giving try after all the above methods fail. Please let me know what they have said. Also if you are under the warranty then you will get the treatment for free and if not then be ready to pay them the amount. At the end I would like you to see of this thread as well and see if that can bring some magic in your case. Toshiba Satellite A505 S6980- Problems with built in microphone