Thread: Android OS phone used for PagePlus

Android OS phone used for PagePlus

PagPlus CSR says they will turn on anything companionable with Verizon, but would not assurance continuing online functionality. I at present contain a Samsung i760 (Windows Mobile PocketPC) on PagePlus, which works faultlessly while it is limited by 4 year old technology and cannot be updated to WM 6.5. I would prefer the Android OS.Is there anything that will work on PagePlus? Along with that I would like to understand how GPS works and the performance of the GPS receiver in my phone so please tell me if you can! Please…..

Re: Android OS phone used for PagePlus

It looks like you just do Email at the instant and that is not a pocket breaker on Pageplus. Other than this if you got an iPhone or a few additional supercomputer in a glitzbox kind of superphone, it'd suck up your small data plan on Pageplus in a day immediately checking for software upgrades and replacement OS bugs your Samsung does not have to. It would suck up your Pageplus balanced something horrible if the i760 provides you what you want. would not trade a new Droid for my Motorola ROKR Z6m dumbphone on Pageplus. The Z6m works great on Pageplus.

On Verizon's orders, PagePlus has not at all activated the Moto Droids, and in recent times started a no smartphones policy. The Samsungs have slipped under the radar, as PagePlus (so far) is blocking by "manufacturer code" (the first few digits of the serial number) and blocking all Samsungs would block so many dumbphones. They are no longer activating several HTC-built phones, which kills the (non-Samsung) WinMos, and the Palm Treos. The i760 or the Omnias are in all probability the most excellent smartphones still usable on PagePlus.

Your individual GPS will eliminates them, in this basis"The Borg", Verizon, turning around within it hobbling it the entirely so they be able to sell you the data from it you previously got. I gain a Bluetooth Nokia LD3W, 20 channels, WAAS-compensated GPS "puck" I leave in the car window for best satellite reception. This will give me a permition to put my Nokia N800 Linux tablet anywhere in the car.not only in the window where GPS can see its birds. That is a actual consideration if you would like an correct fix, not just several "selltower magic" that will place you in a some blocks of your place. Sellphone GPS sucks because of the carriers' tamperings. They cannott get near as perfect a fix as a good BT GPS they cannot get their grimy paws on.

Even I am facing the same thing, I have a number of GPSs which including a puck I never use it anymore. And the GPS receiver in my phone does now as good a job as the entire of the others. Just showed it last night to a friend who asked about smartphones . I launched Google maps and it provided a rapid fix and then within a minute it was using 6 satellites and showing our place in his driveway on the satellite image of his area. I presently turned it on right now inside the house and it is showing my location on the satellite image as the piece of the roof of the house that is over where I am sitting. I guess I will require getting my “sellphone” back and getting a actual GPS.

Hey I got some information about GPS.The modern "sellphone GPSes" are as good as or better than my old BT puck. They have a real satellite GPS; in addition the majority of phones download ephemeris data to "preload" the GPS chip among for a faster fix. In addition, most GPS software for phones now uses tower location temporarily, which is better than nothing! Until the satellite GPS kicks in.