Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

AgfaPhoto photo frame touch and autonomous practice

Portable Devices

Old 23-11-2010

AgfaPhoto photo frame touch and autonomous practice

I want to buy a new digital photo frame my home. Recently someone told me to buy AgfaPhoto frame. I donít have information about this photo frame thatís why I am looking to get some features and specification about this photo frame. Somebody knows about the same then please help me.

Old 23-11-2010

Re: AgfaPhoto photo frame touch and autonomous practice

Sagemcom offers under the brand AgfaPhoto Digital Photo Frame 8.3 inches (21.5 cm diagonal) with a touchscreen. The AF7088MT has a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels, 2 GB of internal memory, a battery and reads memory cards and USB sticks. It supports photo files, audio and video. I have tested its quality and usability.
Old 23-11-2010

In unpacking the box we find not only the framework but also a foot to fit in a vertical position, the AC adapter, carrying case, cleaning cloth and even headphones! Only missing the mini USB cable to connect the frame on your computer to transfer media files in the internal memory of 2 GB. At the rear of the AF7088MT are on one side, the memory card reader and the other, the USB Host. Alas, the connectors are recessed (3 cm from the edge), which prevents for example to connect a USB thick. However, the manufacturer has provided a headphone jack on each side.
Old 24-11-2010

The fixing of the frame on its base is simple but a bit wobbly. Then just turn it to start a slideshow or play videos. The touch interface is pretty responsive. Browsing items by sliding a finger and you choose between a presentation "3D" (images on top of each other with a gap) or as a contact sheet. However, it should read the documentation to understand all the options and it is all too brief. Thus, we must grope to understand a bit before you can copy media files from a memory card or USB stick to internal memory. Same to understand the settings section, with a multitude of icons. Among the attractive features, note the operating hours of programming the device and an alarm mode.
Old 25-11-2010

The frame accepts JPEG images without any problems and MP3 audio files. Things go bad for videos Divx / Xvid that require specific settings, in particular a definition of less than or equal to 640 x 480 pixels. Against all odds, the manufacturer does not deliver any conversion software but suggest downloading the free version of the program Any Video Converter. On screen, the image quality is quite good but the slab is covered with a layer that returns all the brilliant tints surrounding! The brightness is good (219.8 cd / m2) but the contrast ratio is average (666 for 1). Regarding the audio, the sound of the built-in speaker is not very powerful, but correct. However, the supplied headphones produce a sound that lacks warmth acid. Finally, the battery life is excellent as part worked about 3 hours and 30 minutes in slideshow mode.
Old 30-08-2011

Hi
I have just bought the Agfa Photoframe AF7088MT moVee Touch.
And I can not get the video to work. I have converted the mpg-file to a Avi-file with the software Agfa recommend on their webpage: Any Video Converter free. And I have really followed the instructions. But still no success. And it appears that Agfa dont have any support on this on the web?? They recommend me to contact the dealer. I bought it online from Germany (I am from sweden) so it is not so easy to deal with this during this middleman (the dealer) when trying to solve this problem. So I suggest that you really consider if you want to buy a product were the producer dont offers support for the product. If I had known this I would not buy it!

Another thing: There is this upgrade on the webpage which I downloaded and installed. No problem until I have to restart the Photoframe (according to Agfa that is the way to do) but then I found out I can not turn it off!! So I guess now I have to wait until the battery runs out.

It seams like Agfa dont have 100% controll och things. I regret I did.nt buy the Sony DPF-D830L instead which was my first intention... That one is with battery and rechargable as well.

Best Regards
Captor
Old 31-08-2011

Hi Captor,

Can you read from the manual of Agfa Photoframe AF7088MT moVee Touch, like which of the video format does it really support. There might be some settings required that is needed to be done for the video format, so that it can be played on the Agfa moVee Touch, so are you selecting the proper settings. Also, try to upgrade it once more with the software cause if you think it is an upgrade problem, and check for the next time if it is properly working or not.
Old 31-08-2011

Hi Pugsy
Yes, I have done that and that is why i converted the mpg-files to avi-files.
But it didi still not work. Yesterday. Today after the frame run out of power and i was able to restart it after the update it seams to work the way it should now. Thank you very much.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,