Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-11-2010

How to synchronize my laptop and computer together to have the same data on them

I don?t have any issues in my machine, but I need you help for the purpose of synchronization. I have a laptop running windows 7 premium operating system. I also have a desktop which is running Windows XP SP2 OS. I am planning to synchronize my laptop with the computer, so that i can have same files, music on them. Is there any kind of program using which I can upgrade and synchronize only selected folders and files. Does anyone have any idea related with this synchronization? Please try to suggest me a nice solution so that I can make this sync between my laptop and my computer. I will be waiting for your reply so please try to post you replies as early as you can. Any help regarding this topic will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 22-11-2010

Re: How to synchronize my laptop and computer together to have the same data on them

I have tried this before on my machine. I have done it using the xcopy command in a batch file. I will recommend you to first open the command prompt on my machine. In the command prompt you need to type the command "xcopy /?" And then press the enter key. After doing this you will be able to see a list of switches. You will need to select a suitable switch for doing the thing which you have planned to do in your batch file. For the time interval you need to setup the scheduler in order to run the batch file at a particular time. I think that if you will try this solution, then you will be able to do it. For more help try to reply me back.
Old 22-11-2010

Re: How to synchronize my laptop and computer together to have the same data on them

I have solution for doing this synchronization process. I will like to suggest you the names of software using which you can do it. It is free software, but it has a GUI interface which is named as "SyncBack". It will perform everything which you are looking to do without running any xcopy command. You can try this software. I hope that the solution which i have provided to you will help you out. If you have any success regarding you setup, then try to reply me back.
Old 22-11-2010

I am also looking to do the same thing on my machine. I have two laptops and two desktops at my office and I want to synchronize them together in such a way that I can access the data of any machine on one machine. I have connected my entire machine to a router. The two desktop are connected wired and the two laptop are connected wirelessly to the router. Can anyone suggest me some method using which I can make this synchronization possible? Please do help me out. I will be greatly thankful to you if you do this help to me. Thanks.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,