Thread: Canon Pixma MP620 Wi-Fi Printer with MAC OS

Canon Pixma MP620 Wi-Fi Printer with MAC OS

I am using Apple IMac PC from last five to six months. But recently I have purchase a Canon printer of series Pixma MP620. But I have a problem with the Canon printer. While using Wifi in an Apple iMac OS X (10.5) I am not able to connect my printer to my PC. But the same printer working very well on the other operating system (i.e. on Windows XP). I am not able to solve this problem. So can anybody please help me to solve this problem? Also can anyone help me by telling how to add the wireless printer in Printer Wizard?

Re: Canon Pixma MP620 Wi-Fi Printer with MAC OS

I will advise you to use USB Port to print your desire document instead of using Wi-Fi. And then after try to use your Wi-Fi to print your document. Also you can install the driver of the Canon printer. This driver is generally given by the company itself with the printer. If this is also not work for you then, you can contact you service provider i.e. you can contact to the Canon Help service. I hope they will solve your problem more freely.

I will advise you to perform following steps to fix your problem.
    1. First click on the “Apple” button. This button is generally in the upper left-hand corner.
    2. Then you have to choose “System Preferences” from this.
    3. After that just click on the “Show All” button which is at the top.
    4. Then you have to select the “'Security' button” which is generally under the “Personal” heading. Then you have to select “Firewall” from the three give Tabs.
    5. Then after select “Allow all incoming connections” from the given three options.
    6. All the above setting is used to make your Firewall disabled. After you successfully so that lets try to add the printer.
    7. Afterwords just click again on the “Show All” button to get back to main System Preferences page. After that you have to just choose the “'Print and Fax” button from the “Hardware” section.
    8. After that just insert the driver CD of Canon printer into your CD or DVD drive.

After that you can easily installed the Canon printer Diver. Now check is that your printer working OR not. And post your feedback.

Wire as you have mansion I have try to do the same procedure. But still it is not work for me. I must want to create the wireless connection between my Apple IMAC PC and Canon printer. So please help me to solve this Canon Printer problem.

I think this is may be your router issue. May be your router is not wireless so you can’t set the printer up for wireless printing. If you have the MP620 wired to the router then you’re not going to get the printer to work wirelessly. This is mostly because it's not wireless. To get out of this problem just follow the following simple steps:

1. First you have to remove the Ethernet cable from the printer and as well as from your router.
    2. The just go to the Canon MP620 printer settings. After that make the printer setting as wireless.
    3. After that first shut down the printer and also turn off your computer also.
    4. Then plug in your USB cable from computer to printer. Then turn on your printer as well as turn on your computer at the same time.
    5. Then you just have to open the Canon Network Utility. This utility located on your top of the menu bar.
    6. In that click on "Open Settings" then select your printer and also select the Register Scanner.
    7. Afterward just go to "System Preferences" and that select "Print & Fax" options. Then simply click on the plus button to add your printer.
    8. After it's added set it your printer as the default printer.
    9. Then you just have to disconnect the USB cable that is connecting to the printer from your PC.

Now you should be able to print wirelessly without any further problem. Thank You.

I don’t think it is the Canon Printer Driver issue. This kind of issue is because of the MAC OS will not recognize Canon printer driver installation program will, you can't install your printer drivers even though Snow Leopard is a minor update.
    To install your Canon printer drivers you just have to follow the following steps:
    • You first have to download the driver disk image. You can download this driver from recognized i.e. official site.
    • Now just mount the disk image and copy that installer package to your desktop.
    • After that click on the package and then simply choose “Show Package Contents” from the pop-up menu that is popping up.
    • Now you have to go to the “Contents” and from Contents select “Resources” and from that delete the file “Installation Check”.
    • Now just double-click the package and then you can easily install the drivers.

I hope this will solve your problem.