Thread: Dell Inspiron 1525 Screen Problem

Dell Inspiron 1525 Screen Problem

Not being a great pro computer, I am appealing to you because Now its my exam time and I badly need my laptop I need real answers from people like you have keyed all seem to be. Since my laptop screen is not working anymore because i can only a white screen and nothing more that that. Furthermore, I can see on the sides that my screen splits ie the contour of my screen separates the top of the hood. For over 2 years that I have a dell inspiron 1525, and I'm facing a serious problem with the left hinge of my screen, so when I open the hood, it takes off the edge of my screen. I hope you understand what I mean, this is certainly not clear but I have a little trouble to make more understandable. The joining of the hinge is broken and gaping is a few millimeters. What do you think are the solutions? How much would it cost? Whom should I contact. Thanks in Advance for attention to my plight and your answers.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 Screen Problem

It appears as this problem is due to drivers and hence i would suggest you to resintall the drivers on your system and check before you try to get your laptop hinges repaired. But before that i would like to know whether you can login to your system in the safe mode by simply hitting the F8 continuously if you are able to login to your system then drivers reinstallation will definitely fix the issue.

I am also facing similar kind of problem. Let me explain my case. I have a Asus M6N Laptop with a new hard drive with dual boot Linux and Windows. I had the shot of the white screen on the old hard drive too. On reboot, I sometimes I have the white screen in the BIOS. It is therefore not a software problem (well before the registry) but a hardware problem which I have yet to find any logical answer. Some say it is a CPU overheating problem.

Thanks for replying but i think that this is not because of the drivers because it appears as it is working only the screen remains white and nothing else. I am still under warranty that I extended, but I guess it does not take into account this kind of problem even if I am in no way responsible for it being careful enough in nature and making use of my rather basic computer.Should I return it to Dell or go to an independent repairer? I read on some forums that it was possible to do either, but even that does not fit the same model as my computer and I seriously doubt my ability to make such a task.

The repair is unlikely to be under $ 500. And you still have the old box. And soon will again destroy something. And the new you have more joy. And everyone needs to contribute its part to stimulate the economy, and hence i feel that it would be better to go for a newer Laptop. As each day so if you wanted a device. Save your pocket money and buy A new one instead of getting this repaired

It appears as your laptop is still under warranty and hence i would suggest to get your laptop repaired in to a dell service center. As it is still in the warranty period try to get your laptop repaired since it will not cost you much as mentioned above. However the Hinges of your laptop can be repaired quiet cheaply if it resolves the issue then you can simply try it out.