Thread: Converting mkv files to play on Xbox360 or PS3

Converting mkv files to play on Xbox360 or PS3

I was using Microsoft windows XP operating system on my desktop. I was having vlc player installed which could play different types of files formats such as mkv, avi etc. Few days back only I have purchased a new gaming console Xbox 360 released by Sony Entertainment Company. I want my mkv files to be played on Xbox 360. I tried to play but could not succeed saying file format unknown or not supportive. Is there any way to play mkv file on Xbox 360 or I need to convert Xbox 360 to some other format. Also give me the converter that can convert mkv files.

Re: Converting mkv files to play on Xbox360 or PS3

You can play mkv files on Xbox 360. To play mkv files on Xbox 360, you need to convert the mkv files into some other format such as MP4, mwv. After the conversion Xbox 360 will be able to read the file and it will play it. For converting there is also some readymade software available. Using this software you can convert files into whichever format you want.

One of the converters available to convert mkv files so that it can be played on Xbox 360 or PS3 is known as “Daniusoft Media Converter pro”. Daniusoft Media Converter pro gets audio and video support from the operating system. The steps to convert mkv files using Daniusoft Media Converter pro are given below:
    1. Download and install Daniusoft Media Converter pro.
    2. Open the Daniusoft Media Converter pro software by clicking on it.
    3. Click on the add button and select mkv files.
    4. Choose some other output format such as MP4.
    5. After choosing some other format click on start button and the conversion will be started.

The GOTSent is readymade software available that can convert mkv files into MP4 i.e. MPEG-4 formats. An MPEG-4 format is a widely supported audio/video format which can be played on Xbox 360, PS3 etc. follow the below steps to use GOTSent:
    • Download and install the GOTSent software. Select the mkv files and use the file browser that pops up to find the MKV file you want to convert. You need to select the output folder in which your converted mkv files will be stored after the conversion.
    • Split the mkv files if it greater than 4GB because the capacity of Xbox 360 is 4 GB. Click on AC3filter option. Whatever settings you will do in the AC3 filter based on it the conversion process will create two or more than two audio. In the output format change it to 2/0 to ensure compatibility of MP4 on Xbox 360. Click on apply to save it.
    • Click on conversion button to begin the conversion process. Now the output is in MP4 format and it can be played on both Xbox 360 and PS3.

One of the best converters available to play mkv file on Xbox 360 is known as Aunsoft Video Converter. Aunsoft Video Converter comes with Xbox 360 and helps you in playing videos like .tivo, .mkv, .ts, .tp etc. The steps to use Aunsoft Video Converter are as follows:
    1. Download Aunsoft Video Converter and install it. Click on add button to add the mkv files.
    2. Click on format option and select Xbox 360 HD Video (*.wmv) as the output. Click on convert button on the Aunsoft Video Converter. This Aunsoft Video Converter will convert all the mkv to wmv files.

You can use WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe software which will automatically convert mkv files to Xbox 360 playable format. Install the WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe and select add button to choose the mkv files. Then choose To MicroSoft as main category and To Xbox as output format. Give the output location where it will save the converted files. Click on start to begin conversion from mkv to Xbox 360 format.