Thread: Sony Handycam DCR-HC21 Won't Import to My PC (using USB)

Sony Handycam DCR-HC21 Won't Import to My PC (using USB)

Hi.
    I have a bit of a problem and I'm hoping I can find someone who can help me out.

First things first, the video camera I am having problems with is not actually my camera. It's my friend's camera. My friend wants me to upload some videos from her Sony Handycam because she cannot get it to work on her computer (possibly because the software for it was somehow removed from her computer and she can't find it). Now, I own a sony handycam as well, except mine is a DCR-SR45. It came with a PMB (Picture Motion Browser) software and I can import videos to my computer just fine with a USB cable. I can't, however, import videos from my friend's camera, and is that merely because I need a different software? Or is the DCR-HC21 compatable with PMB? When I plug in the USB cord to the camera and my computer, my computer makes the sound it usually does when I import videos using a USB cable, but the removable disk driver (that comes up every time I use USB) doesn't appear in My Computer. Am I missing something?

I've been searching all over the internet and I came across forums that mention what's called a Firewire. Could someone explain to me what a firewire is and tell me whether or not I need it. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: Sony Handycam DCR-HC21 Won't Import to My PC (using USB)

If the Picture Motion browser is not working then it might be possible that the Sony Handycam DCR-HC21 is not compatible with the same. I will advise you to download and install the driver for Sony Handycam DCR-HC21 and then connect your device to transfer the photos. If you are unable to find the driver for Sony Handycam DCR-HC21 then check out below link and enter the operating system of your and download the driver for your system.

Sony Handycam DCR-HC21 driver