Thread: Linux on Nokia N Series

Linux on Nokia N Series

I have the Nokia N 70 with me and I have seen that the phone is really having some serious issues with it. I have decided to have the Linux on that mobile but the thing is that I do not know if that is at all possible here. Do you all have any idea regarding the same? I have seen that some of the Nokia Internet Tablets like N800 and N810 have the Linux on them installed and will be really happy if that can be done on here too. I have seen that the mobile phone simply hangs even if I do not do much of the work or keep it busy in any manner. I will be really happy if at all you can get me the way for the same. Well it just came in mind and I thought that clearing the idea will be a better option to go with. So please let me know if it is at all possible.

Re: Linux on Nokia N Series

If you will ask me I do not think that you all are going to get any success from here. Well the operating system that Nokia N 70 is having is Symbian OS 8.1a, Series 60 UI and you want to have the Linux on the Nokia Phone and hence the things are really going to be difficult here. It will be advisable that you leave this idea and have something else for the problems that you are having with the mobile phone of yours. Here it is really risky and at the same time you are even not sure that if it will help you to get rid of the problems that you are facing. Please go for something else instead of this.

Well the Nokia Internet Tablets that you mentioned above are more than the mobile phones and hence I think that they were able to have the LINUX on them. On the other hand if at all you want to have the things in the manner that you have asked for let me tell for doing that you will be required to have immense coding and programming knowledge for the same to happen in your case. Well if I will have any of the required things then I will let you know about the same soon. Till then you can hook up trying for all the other cases that you can.

I am also looking for the same thing and I will be happy if I can have that for me as soon as possible. Well I am really disappointed with what the two posts have said above. Well there is no much issue with the mobile of mine but I just want to give this a try. Please let me know something that I can start with. I am sure that there is really some starter with which I can start my work with the Linux. Please let me know about the same. You all just cannot skip like this. I have a something extra that will help you to help me with the scenario. I want to have the Linux in the Memory card and then I want to boot it from there. Any suggestions on the same.

Well if at all you want to have a starter for you then you can just have the following things. Well you can try with the accessing the Boot Loader. At the moment I think that you can have some changes by accessing the Boot Loader of yours. Well with the scenario that you have explained I think that there is major role that the Boot Loader has to play. It will help you to boot from any other place when you want to have access to the memory other than the normal one. It (Boot Loader) must be hacked in such a way that it can be used to read memory card filesystem and whatever are the things that you want to mount. Hope that this will help you as a starter in your situation.

If at all you are having the problem with the mobile phone then I would suggest you to have the back up copy of all the data that you have and then try to RESET the phone. I think that this will be the best way to handle the problems that you all are facing with the mobile phone of yours. Well I am sure that the Master Reset will really help you to get the situation under your belt and you will not be required to have the LINUX on your mobile phone any more. Please try to do the soft reset first and if that did not help then you can go with the Hard Reset. Please let me know if that really helped you in any manner.