Thread: Dell's new android smartphones - XCD35 & XCD28

Dell's new android smartphones - XCD35 & XCD28

I have heard that the Dell has launched two new phone which are having an Android operating system installed on it. I just know the names of both the mobile phone or shall I say smartphones. One is Dell XCD35 & another one is XCD28. I have seen the photos of these phone but for knowing more about these phones, I have created this thread. So can you guys tell me as much as possible about these phones?

Re: Dell's new android smartphones - XCD35 & XCD28

Operating in a mobile environment Eclair Android 2.1, the smartphone features a XCD35 bar form, listing the dimensions 11.6 x 5.7 x 1.2 cm and shows a weight of 130 grams. Compatible with 2G tri-band / dual band 3G / Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g, it provides a capacitive touch screen LCD 3.5 "262,144 colors and a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels, a GPS chip, a digital camera 3.15 megapixel camera, media player, FM radio with RDS support and a 3.5 mm audio output for headphones. It also has an internal memory of 150 MB to host the first data, housing microSD / microSDHC memory card for which the capacity can reach 16 GB, a possible connection to USB 2.0 wired exchanges (computer, radio, etc..) and a possibility of Bluetooth 2.1 for wireless exchange (computer, radio, etc.).

Dell XCD28 : This first Androphone emerged as the simpler of the two phones. Equipped with a 2.8-inch LCD screen, it is satisfied with a capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 240 x 320 pixels. It embeds all the same Qualcomm MSM 7227 processor running at 600 MHz, 256 MB of RAM, an FM tuner, GPS, WiFi connectivity, 200 MB of memory associated with a microSD slot accepts cards up to 16GB.

Dell XCD35 : This second model features a capacitive touch screen of 3.5 inches, for a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels, also with WiFi, Bluetooth, a similar processor and 256 MB of RAM. As XCD28 Dell, the Dell XCD35 has a 3.15 megapixel photo sensor, a sensor but with better quality. These two motives remind you something? It is quite normal, since these smartphones ZTE branded Dell. The XCD28 indeed corresponds to a ZTE Link and XCD35, a ZTE Blade.

I won't be considering this phones as a good smartphones as there are many phone having almost similar specifications which will not be costing you as same as that of these two new Dell phones. I suggest you people to wait for some more time which will be exploring the bugs of both of these phones. Once this phones have came on to people's palm then there would be many things to know about. It is never worth to know about any phone just by watching its photos or knowing its specifications.

I have gone through the specifications of both the mobile phones launched by the Dell recently. Actually Dell have not done anything wrong as these phones are really to be noticed according to their price as Dell XCD28 can be purchased for Rs 10,999 and another one which is XCD35 can be sold out for Rs 16,990. I don't think it is any big prices to pay for an Android phone which are made by the Dell. I guess it is good deal to buy this phones but it is true that if phones are cheaper then there must be something disappointing about the phone which can disclose only after using the phone.