Thread: Which smart phone or cell phone is best to use Linux OS?

Which smart phone or cell phone is best to use Linux OS?

I am planning to use linux and I have so far have not used linux. I am getting new smartphone in next week. So I would like to know that what type of cell phone Or smartphone do the majority linux experts make use of? I actually would love on the way to hear from moderators as well. furthermore, if you are using Linux entirely, how do you back up your contacts, calendar, to do, sms, etc.?Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

Re: Which smart phone or cell phone is best to use Linux OS?

I make use of s60. As far as backing up. I do not in reality. I do put aside my contacts on the way to the memory card each on one occasion in a at the same time as in case my phone dies, would with no trouble be able on the way to shift my contacts to an additional phone. sms presently reside on my phone, make use of gmail imap intended for email. as well as googlesync for google calendar. There is pretty a large amount an application for whatever thing in the symbian world, so would not be tough on the way to discover what you are looking for. The obsession regarding nokia s60 a phone is so as to they have killer cameras. In count on the way to the camera, it is a tremendous smart phone as a result you pretty much get the whole thing you wish for out of a phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I have acquired an iPhone furthermore I love it. I make use of it more as compare to my desktop at home as well as approximately as much as my laptop. I do not care what your opinion is regarding the Apple or the iPhones. You will be unable to change my mind.I am not an "Apple enthusiast this is my first as well as only Apple product I have yet possess and will ever own.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If I for ever obtain an additional non-desk telephone, I will make certain it does not encompass a GPS/chip within it. I will not go into details watching the news gives a fine suggestion why on the way to not bring in the region of a locator device. as well as if there are no models without a GPS, I will not obtain one.Too terrible for each and every one those who have pay money for in-car GPS's, or cars in the company of GPS's built in or else smartphones for the GPS capability.

In the present day I buy a Nokia 2760. I make use of my cellphone intended for my work as well as over and over again had the trouble that at what time the phone rings plus I drag it out of my pocket I touch some key in addition to the incoming call is finished. As a result it was essential on the way to obtain a phone which has to be opened before it is likely to press a key.As well I hate too complicated menus as well as too small keys. Pleasant characteristic of my new Nokia is the built in email-client. It be able to in a straight line connect on the way to an imap-server.

I have had a treo 650 as well as at the present a treo 755p. I have been bearing in mind a pre for my subsequently, however I am on the boundary marker. I extreme dislike that, in view of the fact that I'm awkward. I require a phone that is able to be dropped, skidding crossways most surfaces. I have measured doing away by means of all PIM functions in a phone as well as going back on the way to the plain flip phone. At the similar occasion, my treo has saved my be able to in customer data centers, where there is no outbound access to internet.I as well have a weird capability on the way to fail to remember things. As a result I as well like having reminders as well as birthdays all coming at me. As a result I am conflict here.