Thread: How to work with HTC Hero SD card in Linux

How to work with HTC Hero SD card in Linux

I have recently purchased HTC Hero phone and I need to tell you that it is great phone; it comes with lots of great features and external memory via MicroSD card. But I am facing problem when I am try to work with its MicroSD card in my computer which has got debian 5.0 as its operating system. When I am trying to access the card in computer I am not able to see the memory card in computer and not able to find the reason for such thing happening. So if anybody have faced such problem and resolved it please provide me with the solution so that I can access my phone to transfer the data from computer to phone and vice versa.

Re: How to work with HTC Hero SD card in Linux

I think there can be problem with the memory card which is not able to open in your Linux system. I think you can try to open that you any other computer or you may not have done the setting for memory card to open in computer. So first see if you have done proper setting for memory card after which you will be able to open it in the Linux system. I don't think there is any kind of issue with your computer system that is working on debian 5.0.

I think you need to perform the setting in your computer system in order to work with the MicroSD card of your HTC Hero. You can download the HTC sync application software which you can use to sync your phone memory card in computer. I think this can be the best possible way in which you can work with your memory card and perform the data transfer between the computer and the computer. You can use pc suite as the your sync application which will enable you to work with phone in computer.

Me too using same phone and am able to work with it in my computer with no such issue with memory card. I think you have to follow below metion steps in order to work with it as same steps worked for me really well
    1.Just Plug your phone to the computer system using the usb cable.
    2.Ignore the notifications that appear after connection now just select usb connection and after that computer will provide you with the option to mount the disk just do that.
    3.After above things done perfectly mount /dev/sdx (where x will be your drive). Will provide you with the message just ignore it.
    4.Now mount /dev/sdx1 -t vfat /mnt/tmp
    After this you will be able to work with your phone and its memory card.

I have already mentioned in my above solution that you can use pc suite for syncing your phone with Linux. I think that will be better as you can perform multiple task using pc suite for your phone in computer. you will be able to sync your contacts,messages and also the application which is there in your phone. If you are not willing to perform it then other thing you can perform with your memory card is use card reader using which you will able to open your memory card in computer system and will be able to perform whatever you want to do like copying data etc. This can be other feasible solution which you can try to accessing your memory card in computer.