Thread: Volume and Songs Selections issue in my 160GB iPod

Exclamation Volume and Songs Selections issue in my 160GB iPod

I use a macbook and my previous 80gb classic ipod never gave me problems like my new 160GB does.

Ive only had this ipod classic 160GB for about 4 months, the battery wasnt holding a charge anymore, I had it replaced. Now, it wont recognize some songs and wont import them. I tried manually syncing them about 100 songs at a time and it took them all.

My bigger problem now is that when i choose a song, itll freeze for about 20 seconds and them skip to a completely different song. Or if i play an artist, example- U2, itll read U2, the joshua tree on the display but itll be playing something completely different like Lupe Fiasco. Or the songs will cut off.
    I played them all from my itunes library and they all play just fine. I played them from the ipod library on itunes and they are also fine, but once i diconnect it and play it in the car or wherever, The problems persist

Ive restored my ipod several times, and the problem keeps getting worse. Now, only half of some of the images of the albums appear but the other half looks like static. I have also ran the disk utility and verified disks but apparently everything seems ok.

A friend suggested something about repairing something on it on the computer, where itll magnetize something on the hard disk again, but im not sure exactly what it is or how to do it

Is this something I could fix myself with some help from your replies?

Thanks

Re: Volume and Songs Selections issue in my 160GB iPod

For such you are recommended to update your ipod. Because their can be some software issue with the ipod. Simply connect the ipod with the itunes software and run a update. But this will wipe out all the data so do not forget to first check a backup of the same. This will fix the issue of freezing of ipod. Sometime adding too much of data also makes it slow.