Thread: Nokia N97 mini connect in Linux

Nokia N97 mini connect in Linux

I am going to purchase Nokia N97 but the think I am not cleared about is that will I be able to sync calendar and contacts of my phone to my computer system. I forgot to say that I am using slackware operating system and have not sync any of the device before only I have used USB storage. So I don’t have any experience syncing Nokia phone with Linux system, if anyone have details regarding this please provide me with the information that will help me to sync my Nokia N97.

Re: Nokia N97 mini connect in Linux

Yes you can sync your Nokia N97 with Linux system but for that you need to have Kontact with PIM i.e. Personal Information Manager. After using it you can have your phone details in your Linux system and you can sync your calendar and contacts. I think you can really work with it as you used to work with USB storage, so there is no such thing of Nokia N97 not able to Sync with Linux.

You can use the pc suite for Nokia N97 which works with Linux system. You can get the pc suite from the official Nokia website and install it for your system, but have to make sure that you install pc suite for right version of Linux that is there in your system. Just connect your Nokia N97 to computer using USB and then use pc suite for syncing your calendar and contact with computer. I think this is the best possible way in which you can perform the task of sync your contact and calender to your computer.

If you are using Fedora version on Linux in your computer you can install the pc suite from internet. Couple of website provides you with pc suite that work with particular Linux version you can easily download them as per your version of operating system and install it in your computer. After that you can sync your Nokia N97 contacts and calender to Linux version which is there in your system. I think other than this you can visit to the Nokia website for better details on this issue, they will provide you with the detail procedure you can perform to achieve require thing.